Your Memoirs...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh

Wow my amrit sanchaar was the strangest and most wonderful day of my life.........i will try and share as much as i can...........the week before i was a propa "moni" cut hair the works..............i had always tried to get into sikhi but always did it on my terms..........never realising how much Guru Ji loved me and looked after me...............there was a rainsbhai at Sedley Street Gurdwara in Wolverhampton and i remember walking into it feeling horrible...........not happy with the way my .ife was and feeling this "longing" for waheguru..........so i sat there and each shabd that was sung was like waheguru was talking to me and telling me what to do............but the end of the night where i had only planned to stay till midnight........but the next thing i knew it was 5am and the "smaabti" ardas was happening and i was one on the only people there other than one to two gursikhs.......i suddenly paniked and ran out on the diwan hall not realising how all that time had past and what had kept me there............then someone had taken my shoes :glare: i searched everywhere and went around in circles.............then out of no-where this gursikh came up to me and sed these words "pehnj why havent you taken amrit yet?" "you gotta give you head to maharaj" i dont what it was about this gursikh's words but i felt as if it was Guru Gobind Singh Ji asking me.............i was suddenly so ashamed and i hugged this gursikh and knew now why i had lost me shoes........... :)

I went home that night and couldnt stop thinking about what had just happend............then suddenly i though "NO u cant take amrit there no sanchaar coming up and you aint ment to do it" just as this thought was coming into my head..............my fone went off..........the amazing gursikh i had encountered text to tell me there was an amrit sanchaar the following Saturday...........i was speachless...............i knew.................something inside fell into place.........i knew what i had to do............the gursikh arranged all my kakkars for me and even taught me how to tie a dastaar and put my name down for the sanchaar.............i swaer i dont think i could ever have done it without this Gursikh.............who Maharaj had sent to ensure i follow His hukam............

Then i told me family and loved ones..............they were horrifed...........they couldnt undersand why i wanted to do this..........there are no gursikhs going back two generations in my family................i lost many relationships but i gained the most vaulable realationship that outweighs all these..............a rishta my My Guru..................

The day of the sanchaar came................i woke up that morning and i was nervous like a bride on her wedding day...............i took full kesi ishnaan and adourned my kakkars and tied my dastaars...........then i looked in the mirror..............i didnt see myself any more i saw guru ji...............i felt..........."right".................like i had finally come home.................then i decided to go Gurghar and sit with Mahraj...........which was beautful..............my family all came to the sancahar with me to try and talk me out of it and they even spoke to the panj to diss-uade my taking amrit............i was so fragile and emotional at the state then the Jatherdar of the panj decided to turn me away and sed i wasnt ready for amrit.................my heart broke................i never knew pain until being in that moment...............as i turned to leave..............a singh stopped me.............."bibi ji are you here forr the sanchar?" u turned and didnt know how to answer....................then for nowhere a whole fauj of singhs came and wanted to know why i wasnt taking amrit and we all sat down and disscussed my families concerns and my concerns and then they went to speak to the jatherday and it turns out he had mis-understood the circumstances and hence sed no..........but he then sed there was no reason why i couldnt do it................ :)

i remember standing up and that singh who had earlier stopped me as i was leaving saying "are you ready?" and in that moment i felt like i had these two big suitcases in my hand...........it felt as if they had dissapeared............i could only nod...............so i put my kirpan back on and walked in to the room and realised the singh was going to be one of my panj..............i couldnt stop crying................Maharaj is so amazing............his play is amazing................and he tests his servents up to the last minute and also saves them.............there was only four in my sanchaar and it was perfect.........i couldnt ask Guru Ji for anything more.................everything was perfect and has been perfect because my GURU saved me...........

sorry for my mistakes...............im a papi

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh :)

ur story really gave me tears. My family always stops me from going anywhere on this path.

Really inspiring.

I remember it was all I could think about after I came back from India...then I went to Baba Ji's Barsi on Xmas Eve and I kept getting close to tears. I left feeling like I wanted to get closer to Guru Ji more than ever in my entire life,

My Dad still maintains I made the wrong decision (feels I'm too young), but it's come to point now he just says it to try and annoy me than anything else. - But it won't work because it was the greatest decision of my life. I feel like I truely belong - with Guru Ji's Maha Kirpa...

The day before the Sanchaar (in honour of Sri Guru Gobind Singhs Jis Gurpurab) I took about 10 hukamnamas from various places and all were telling me the same thing...'How do we know how much time we have left here?...Count your blessings...You know...Kal ho naa ho kinda stuff..

The next morning I got up - Dad was out cold...I sent a text to Mum telling her I'd made the decision and I went and got ready. I pulled out a simple suite, tied my dumalla and went with Mum and went gurudwara about 2ish. I went by myself, Mum didnt wanna come and Dad refused to talk to me. Luckily a wicked Pehnji kept me company until the Panj Pyare (from up North) arrived...

It began real late - but once it started I didnt want it to end. The aura in the room totally changed, the atmosphere was of fear, excitement and curiosity> My mind was spinning as I tried to focus on the Bani being recited. Before I knew it I was called up and I had ambrosial nectar all over me. Its's scent was of sweet, sarbloh and all I could think about was 'This is it! It's begun!'

The taste of Amrit is indescribable.... I dont think it ever tastes the same to anyone.

• 3 weeks later...

dhan waheguru

these expiriances r amazing

i want amrit so bad

let me share my expiriance too but not yet a happy one

mayb some one can ease my situation

well when i was about 14 in 2004 i got into sikhi because of sad times

the first time i did simran i knew i wanted amrit

so my first attempt was during vaisakhi of 2005 unfortunatly here we have very few sanchars

the night before i was at gurudwara

my parents too told me i was too young

tat day i went to gurudwara and did path in sangat

this sweet elder bibi ji was very impressed because i was so young but i knew my banis by heart(baba ji de kirpa nal)

i had never met her b4 but she spent over an hour in the gurudwara bathroom trying to convince my mom to let me chuk amrit

mom sed yes dad was stubborn

i try to sneak out but fail :(

next attempt

we are in india that summer

i go to anandpur sahib with the hope of chaking amrit

we arrive too late( i tried to rush everyone wile being secretive because if i told my dad he wuda made sure i missed it :(

the baba ji says the sanchars over and i immidiatly start crying rite their in front of everyone :(

i cant help it

the baba ji says if i can find 4 more sikhs to chuk amrit they will hold a sanchar

my three sisters and cousin all agreed

dad did not allow it :(

third attempt

it is gurpurab and i find out about a sanchar

this time i make it to the gurudwara at 230 am..........a day late :(

this is the most painful atempt because my heart is set on it b4 i even write this poem called tomarro which till this day makes me cry when i read it

but something amazing happened this time

i got really angry at first

then while doing ardas i was crying so hard alone and i told myself that waheguru has a reason for everything and that maybe he wanted my pias to increase or maybe he had more special plans or mayb as dad sed i was just too young

so i am a lil calm when i remember that there is a reason for everything god does beyond my understanding.................

than as i matha tak towards the end of the ardas i hit my back really really hard against my bed

right befor it had hit the bed i was thinking about how God had a reason for everything and i was still crying

so angry and still in tears i say God if u have a reason for everything what is ur reason for this making me get hurt like this now .....somewhat challanging god

well i got my answer........i opened the light to make sure nothing was red or hurt

as soon as i opened the light i saw that there was broken glass right at the area where i wuda matha taked

if i hadnt hit my back on the bed i would have matha taked and my eyes would have been cut by the glass since it was right where my eyes would have landed

but since i hit my back i turned on the light and found the glass b4 i cud matha take

waheguru i thought , u did have a reason

to save me from great horrible pain and maybe even becoming blinded u had to give me a lil pain

it was than that i realized that God will always be with me

and he knows what he is doing

our plans our a joke in his eyes

the best thing to do is always do nitnem and hold on tight to the naam

the rest waheguu will do

im still waiting for my guru ji to give me khande de pahul amrit

and i trust 300 percent that he wont let me go