Your Memoirs...

With vaisakhi around the corener…I thought we could share stories of our Amrit Sanchaars…you can be as vague or as detailed as you wish.

Seeing as it was most likely the most important day in our lives, it would be good to share our experiences with each other…

To get the ball rolling, I’ll start…

I remember I came down into the kitchen where my dad was having breakfast, he could see I was nervous so he gave me sugary tea to drink, he told me what to expect when I got there (even though we had had this conversation a zillion times!) I cried all the way there (haha) well it was like a “good” crying I don’t even know how or why but the tears kept spilling, I had to drive myself because it was early morning and my Dad had to go to work…I remember having a new suit made….I was so nervous but excited at the same time…there was a small delay at the Gurdwara and I remember the Sanchaar not starting exactly on time but this gave me the chance to go sit in the Darbar and listen to Keertan…when I entered the hall most the other Abhilakees were already there…I did Namaskaar to Guru jee and went and sat by the women….then the Panj Piareh came in and it began…. pray.gif

Vaheguroo, I don’t have the capacity to say what happened next…iust so amazing, and the intense sweetness of the Amrit I can never forget…everything was so overwhelming, especially the Hukamnama from Guru jee :WW: , I know there were other people there too, but it felt Guru jee had spoken especially to me (yeah I know that sounds selfish!!)…I was so boosted after, I can’t explain…we went back to the other Deevan hall and I met my Mom and Aunt and they both hugged me…I didn’t see my Dad until later that day around 9pm, when he saw me we shared Fateh (the Fateh greeting had a whole new meaning as well :) ) and he hugged me and I cried some more! :console: It’s like it was just yesterday… wahegurusign.gif

^^see does not have to be some long winded 10 page essay, would be nice to read of everyone’s experiences. So who’s next?

i woke up came down 4 breakfast adn was so nervous. my mum told me what was gonna happen. but i had to write down notes as i thght i made need then/my head was going blank. stuff like why i wanted to take amrit were on teh note lol. i wore a new dastaar which my mum helped me tie. i then went gudwara met up with my mates and we travelled 2 coventry 2getha. we were reli nervous and quiet all teh way down. we stayed in the divan hall 4 what seemed liek ages. i was beginning 2 think ill never take amrit. i was having doubts at that stage. but that was just nerves. when i enetered the room where the amrit cereomny was happening the panj pyaareh seemed liek giants!im tall but i remember these seeming to be huge. the experience itself was something i can not describe. at 1st i thght it was nerves, then fear then excitement, then tiredness. but it was a feeling ive never had b4. when we finished we came out where our friends met us aand congratulated us. we drove home doing phaat and i went home and slept. mu family were around in the morn and were reli happy 4 me. the spread this news like wild fire and soon i was having phone calls left right and centre. it was prob the only good things ive done in my life!

waheguru ji :) awhhh thas nicee so far and its good too see parents support u ;) !!!! maharajs mhaan kirpa

its been nearly 3 yrs me being blessed with amrit and yet a lot of the family cant accept it which is weird but hey we all know that were so BLESSED we have such great parents

dhan dhan guru gobind singh ji maharaj

dhan dhan mata sahib kaur ji devi

• 1 month later...
I don’t have the capacity to say what happened next…iust so amazing, and the intense sweetness of the Amrit I can never forget

Waheguruuu!! Penji ur story brought tears to my eyes, but the line above really done it for me!! Im so happy for all these GurSikhs who are/have taken Amrit!!!! May Waheguru Shower You With His Happyness!!!! Waheguruuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

P.S could more people please post up more stories!! :Re:

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh

Wow my amrit sanchaar was the strangest and most wonderful day of my life.........i will try and share as much as i can...........the week before i was a propa "moni" cut hair the works..............i had always tried to get into sikhi but always did it on my terms..........never realising how much Guru Ji loved me and looked after me...............there was a rainsbhai at Sedley Street Gurdwara in Wolverhampton and i remember walking into it feeling horrible...........not happy with the way my .ife was and feeling this "longing" for waheguru..........so i sat there and each shabd that was sung was like waheguru was talking to me and telling me what to do............but the end of the night where i had only planned to stay till midnight........but the next thing i knew it was 5am and the "smaabti" ardas was happening and i was one on the only people there other than one to two gursikhs.......i suddenly paniked and ran out on the diwan hall not realising how all that time had past and what had kept me there............then someone had taken my shoes :glare: i searched everywhere and went around in circles.............then out of no-where this gursikh came up to me and sed these words "pehnj why havent you taken amrit yet?" "you gotta give you head to maharaj" i dont what it was about this gursikh's words but i felt as if it was Guru Gobind Singh Ji asking me.............i was suddenly so ashamed and i hugged this gursikh and knew now why i had lost me shoes........... :)

I went home that night and couldnt stop thinking about what had just happend............then suddenly i though "NO u cant take amrit there no sanchaar coming up and you aint ment to do it" just as this thought was coming into my head..............my fone went off..........the amazing gursikh i had encountered text to tell me there was an amrit sanchaar the following Saturday...........i was speachless...............i knew.................something inside fell into place.........i knew what i had to do............the gursikh arranged all my kakkars for me and even taught me how to tie a dastaar and put my name down for the sanchaar.............i swaer i dont think i could ever have done it without this Gursikh.............who Maharaj had sent to ensure i follow His hukam............

Then i told me family and loved ones..............they were horrifed...........they couldnt undersand why i wanted to do this..........there are no gursikhs going back two generations in my family................i lost many relationships but i gained the most vaulable realationship that outweighs all these..............a rishta my My Guru..................

The day of the sanchaar came................i woke up that morning and i was nervous like a bride on her wedding day...............i took full kesi ishnaan and adourned my kakkars and tied my dastaars...........then i looked in the mirror..............i didnt see myself any more i saw guru ji...............i felt..........."right".................like i had finally come home.................then i decided to go Gurghar and sit with Mahraj...........which was beautful..............my family all came to the sancahar with me to try and talk me out of it and they even spoke to the panj to diss-uade my taking amrit............i was so fragile and emotional at the state then the Jatherdar of the panj decided to turn me away and sed i wasnt ready for amrit.................my heart broke................i never knew pain until being in that moment...............as i turned to leave..............a singh stopped me.............."bibi ji are you here forr the sanchar?" u turned and didnt know how to answer....................then for nowhere a whole fauj of singhs came and wanted to know why i wasnt taking amrit and we all sat down and disscussed my families concerns and my concerns and then they went to speak to the jatherday and it turns out he had mis-understood the circumstances and hence sed no..........but he then sed there was no reason why i couldnt do it................ :)

i remember standing up and that singh who had earlier stopped me as i was leaving saying "are you ready?" and in that moment i felt like i had these two big suitcases in my hand...........it felt as if they had dissapeared............i could only nod...............so i put my kirpan back on and walked in to the room and realised the singh was going to be one of my panj..............i couldnt stop crying................Maharaj is so amazing............his play is amazing................and he tests his servents up to the last minute and also saves them.............there was only four in my sanchaar and it was perfect.........i couldnt ask Guru Ji for anything more.................everything was perfect and has been perfect because my GURU saved me...........

sorry for my mistakes...............im a papi

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh :)

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh

Wow my amrit sanchaar was the strangest and most wonderful day of my life.........i will try and share as much as i can...........the week before i was a propa "moni" cut hair the works..............i had always tried to get into sikhi but always did it on my terms..........never realising how much Guru Ji loved me and looked after me...............there was a rainsbhai at Sedley Street Gurdwara in Wolverhampton and i remember walking into it feeling horrible...........not happy with the way my .ife was and feeling this "longing" for waheguru..........so i sat there and each shabd that was sung was like waheguru was talking to me and telling me what to do............but the end of the night where i had only planned to stay till midnight........but the next thing i knew it was 5am and the "smaabti" ardas was happening and i was one on the only people there other than one to two gursikhs.......i suddenly paniked and ran out on the diwan hall not realising how all that time had past and what had kept me there............then someone had taken my shoes :glare: i searched everywhere and went around in circles.............then out of no-where this gursikh came up to me and sed these words "pehnj why havent you taken amrit yet?" "you gotta give you head to maharaj" i dont what it was about this gursikh's words but i felt as if it was Guru Gobind Singh Ji asking me.............i was suddenly so ashamed and i hugged this gursikh and knew now why i had lost me shoes........... :)

I went home that night and couldnt stop thinking about what had just happend............then suddenly i though "NO u cant take amrit there no sanchaar coming up and you aint ment to do it" just as this thought was coming into my head..............my fone went off..........the amazing gursikh i had encountered text to tell me there was an amrit sanchaar the following Saturday...........i was speachless...............i knew.................something inside fell into place.........i knew what i had to do............the gursikh arranged all my kakkars for me and even taught me how to tie a dastaar and put my name down for the sanchaar.............i swaer i dont think i could ever have done it without this Gursikh.............who Maharaj had sent to ensure i follow His hukam............

Then i told me family and loved ones..............they were horrifed...........they couldnt undersand why i wanted to do this..........there are no gursikhs going back two generations in my family................i lost many relationships but i gained the most vaulable realationship that outweighs all these..............a rishta my My Guru..................

The day of the sanchaar came................i woke up that morning and i was nervous like a bride on her wedding day...............i took full kesi ishnaan and adourned my kakkars and tied my dastaars...........then i looked in the mirror..............i didnt see myself any more i saw guru ji...............i felt..........."right".................like i had finally come home.................then i decided to go Gurghar and sit with Mahraj...........which was beautful..............my family all came to the sancahar with me to try and talk me out of it and they even spoke to the panj to diss-uade my taking amrit............i was so fragile and emotional at the state then the Jatherdar of the panj decided to turn me away and sed i wasnt ready for amrit.................my heart broke................i never knew pain until being in that moment...............as i turned to leave..............a singh stopped me.............."bibi ji are you here forr the sanchar?" u turned and didnt know how to answer....................then for nowhere a whole fauj of singhs came and wanted to know why i wasnt taking amrit and we all sat down and disscussed my families concerns and my concerns and then they went to speak to the jatherday and it turns out he had mis-understood the circumstances and hence sed no..........but he then sed there was no reason why i couldnt do it................ :)

i remember standing up and that singh who had earlier stopped me as i was leaving saying "are you ready?" and in that moment i felt like i had these two big suitcases in my hand...........it felt as if they had dissapeared............i could only nod...............so i put my kirpan back on and walked in to the room and realised the singh was going to be one of my panj..............i couldnt stop crying................Maharaj is so amazing............his play is amazing................and he tests his servents up to the last minute and also saves them.............there was only four in my sanchaar and it was perfect.........i couldnt ask Guru Ji for anything more.................everything was perfect and has been perfect because my GURU saved me...........

sorry for my mistakes...............im a papi

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh :)

Waheguruuuu!!! :BOW: :nishaan_sahib_right: