What Other Things Can We Do?

chatanga

for some time at my local gurdwara , there has been a great focus on making younger attendees more aware of Sikhi.

at the moment we do the following :

camps

sttm every sunday morning + weddings

simran prog

paath class

kirtan class

library

but still i think that there is more that can be done. duz anyone have any ideas how we can reach out to those who dont attend Gurdwara?

what can we do to reach out to people between the 16-30 age group?

chatanga

Gakta lessons - Get people interesting by the Sipahi Side.. then teach Sant Side during those lessons too

(Sorry for oversimpliflying it.. but you know what I mean..)

Youth Seminars - have people come down to give talks, like Sikh Education Council (UK), Naujawani.com, Anglo Sikh Heritage Trust, etc. Preferably in the Langar Hall, Sports Hall, or any other Hall in Gurdwara Sahib.

If Gurdwara is ready, might be a long shot, form a Gym inside the Gurdwara complex. Buy equipment, make a room dedicated for this: Gurdwara Gym for Sikhs. Pay only £1 per session - committee happy, people happy about price, any many more people coming to Gurdwara (Maybe not to listen 2 Kirtan etc, but they atleast walking in!)

Some interesting points there.. also Kabaddi?! that makes you phsyically stronger and mentally more confident so that would work?.. inter-Gurudwara Kabaddi tournaments would be amazing, with the youth all over the UK getting involved..

and Gatka and Gym are brilliant ideas :)

• 2 weeks later...