Quotes On Sikhism From Non Sikhs

Bored

Bertrand Russell‏ was a philosopher, historian, logician, mathematician and the list goes on. Known as the greatest thinker of the 21st century who destroyed christianity.He gets a lot of respect from the free thinkers etc.

I personally was amazed at this mans philosophy and noticed that he apperently had somthing to say about sikhism according to sikh resources. Here it goes:

This is the man who destroyed Christianity (same applies to Islam and Judaism) and exposed its absurdities; but even this great man got stuck when it came to Sikhism! In fact he gave up and said "that if some lucky men survive the onslaught of the third world war of atomic and hydrogen bombs, then the Sikh religion will be the only means of guiding them ." Russell was asked that he was talking about the third world war, but isn't this religion capable of guiding mankind before the third world war? In reply, Russell said, "Yes, it has the capability, but the Sikhs have not brought out in the broad daylight, the splendid doctrines of this religion which has come into existence for the benefit of the entire mankind. This is their greatest sin and the Sikhs cannot be freed of it."

kind of makes you think wow! how beautiful

I did a lot of research and noticed these quotes on many Sikh sites like

sikhi wiki

amritbani

sikhquotes

...and more

but none of them had a source LIKE USUAL!

So i decided to do my own research and find out if this quote even exists. I discovered that there was a Bertrand Russell Archives located in mcmaster university in toronto Canada. I emailed them about these quotes and a day later...it turns out ITS BULLS**T!

I KNEW IT!

and i wonder how many more phony quotes by "non-sikhs" there must be on these sikh sites that people get all excited over. especially the site sikhquotes which has a bunch of quotes from well known non-sikhs ...but not a single one has a dam reference! How do u expect any wise individual to belive that?

All i gotta say is these sites got no credibility. They take whatever looks good. kinda reminds me of other religions that do this kind of non sense to 'big up' their religion.

BULL!

i wonder who was the @ss that decided to make this crap up and spread it...ah well....atleast i kno the phony sites that took it in without question!

i recommend people read up on Bertrand

peace out

It is good that you have a critical nature, that is important if any non-Truths need to be weaned out. Unfortunately for all times to come History will always be HIS-story.

I still trust that Khalsa belongs to God, thus it can not fade unless desired so.

But if Sikhi becomes washed up, misconstrued in the future, then at least the Original Guru Granth Sahib Ji will remain.

But VVaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, VVaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

In the Lord is All things

who makes up quotes for famous people?

:wacko: hmmmmmm :wacko:

im not glorifying these famous people's quotes... although I do think Bertrand Russell‏ was a great philosopher.

if anything ...the only people that are, are those sites that falsely quote these people...they're trying to show that these famous people think so highly about sikhism.

I personally don't need anyone to tell me how great sikhi is, i got the SGGS

the point of this topic is to show how deficient these sites could be...and they are(theres no lie).

peace

the best way to hurt a cause is by spreading false information about it. no matter how good or bad something sounds the truth should be told, if one piece of information is proven false then people tend to not believe the rest.

sikhi doesnt need to be quoted or even recognised by so called intellectuals, it can stand on its own.

i did some more research and realised that somone else had the same stand as me back in 1999:

http://www.sikhnet.com/sikhnet/discussion....33;OpenDocument

btw..if any1 here does belives in the "truth" please do complain to such sites as i am cuz they aint gonna listen to 1 person.

I complained in the past to many sites who never reference there articles etc... but nothings changed.

I just imagine how much false info could be floating arround about sikhi that people belive today.