Is Man Vegetarian Or Cornivorous!

Surajsingh

oooh my bad brother, yeah it is contra-indicated for people with renal diease. Sorry.. just editted it out

anywho.. continuing:

9. Prefer to skip religion

(Please note: this is the Hippocratic Oath that medical doctors swear upon, and then don't practice.)

That's very nice for you to say.. especially to those who work to save your lives. I can't really explain how appauled I am to your comments. You fail to show that doctors act upon evidence from numerous double-blind population studies (the highest level of evidence).

Because medical doctors receive no nutritional training,

Actually we do. By 1st year I know a great deal that many people will never know.

he didn't understand that when a meat-eater ingests protein, and, as the protein is digested, it goes into the liver, and the liver converts it into amino acid. The body takes those amino acids and converts them into natural glucose to feed the brain; the body has a wonderful system of checks and balances.

That's a very basic concept that we learn very very early on! you may not know but excess protien can also convert to fat via the Acetyl CoA.. I hope you knew what that is by the way..

Studies have shown that high protien low-carb diets tend to yeild bad results for body builders. Atkins diet, the example you give, emphasises on weight Loss rather than general well-being.

12. Cholesterol: Sorry to burst your bubble, but read about VLDL, LDL and HDL cholesterols. Animal fats contain LDL adn VLDL - the bad cholesterol which causes Atherosclerosis (wiki it) and other cardiovascular diseases. Sunflower oil contain low LDL and low HDL. However Olive oil contains low LDL and high HDL.. HDL are the "good" cholesterol that LOWER the risk of CVS disease. That's all in a nutshell.. There lot's to say about this but it'll get too long (already long as it is!)

... continued 3rd time..

Just want to add that I was listening to radio show about protein a few months ago. The english doctor had done research to decide which protein was better - non-meat or meat. The conclusion was there is no difference, contradictory to previous beliefs, in which was "better quality" protein. He based his non-meat research on asian people who are vegetarians but get good protein levels via pulses (mmm, masaar dhal), and milk of course.

Of course, meat can have bad side effects.

I don't see any evidence that you need to eat meat, except where meat-free options are so poor, i.e. western food cultures. When you have the riches of Indian cuisine, no need to eat to meat.

So to answer the question in the title, man is designed to eat meat from thousands of years ago, but he shouldn't and doesn't need to. Funny how other religions allow it though. Puzzling, that one.

Just want to add that I was listening to radio show about protein a few months ago. The english doctor had done research to decide which protein was better - non-meat or meat. The conclusion was there is no difference, contradictory to previous beliefs, in which was "better quality" protein. He based his non-meat research on asian people who are vegetarians but get good protein levels via pulses (mmm, masaar dhal), and milk of course.

Of course, meat can have bad side effects.

I don't see any evidence that you need to eat meat, except where meat-free options are so poor, i.e. western food cultures. When you have the riches of Indian cuisine, no need to eat to meat.

So to answer the question in the title, man is designed to eat meat from thousands of years ago, but he shouldn't and doesn't need to. Funny how other religions allow it though. Puzzling, that one.

I have to disagree with that,

Researchers from the University of Adelaide and the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization also based in Adelaide, Australia, fed rats a high-fat diet (300g fat per kg) for nine weeks, then switched to a diet containing either 80 or 320g protein per kg, provided by either whey protein concentrate or red meat for six weeks.

High dietary protein reduced energy intake and visceral, subcutaneous and carcass fat, they report in this month’s issue of the Journal of Nutrition (134:1454-1458).

Increasing the dietary density of whey protein, but not of red meat, reduced body weight gain by 4 per cent, they add, while whey protein also reduced plasma insulin concentration by 40 per cent and increased insulin sensitivity, compared to meat protein.

These findings support the conclusions that a high-protein diet reduces energy intake and adiposity and that whey protein is more effective than red meat in reducing body weight gain and increasing insulin sensitivity.

More evidence suggests:

Milk Protein is the most potent protein for muscle retention (Sarcopenia costs the US gov. 18 Billion per year)

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 85:1031-1040, 2007.

Not all proteins are the same when contributing to health:

J Am Coll Nutr 24, 134S-139S, 2005.

A recent study completed by researchers in the Netherlands has shown that the consumption of alpha-lactalbumin (a major fraction in whey protein) improves alertness and performance the next morning, particularly in people who don't sleep well at night. Maybe that's why garam dudh at night has been working wonderfully as our desi remedy for so long!!!

Am J Clin Nutr, 81: 1026-1033, 2005

Recent reports show that the average intake of calcium in U.S. citizens is only approx 750mg/day; way below the recommended intake of 1200mg. MILK PROTEIN IS A SIGNIFICANT SOURCE OF CALCIUM

Annual Review of Nutrtion 24: 413, 2004.

Other benefits include Growth Hormones and peptides important for health, Immune Enhancing Properties,Growth Factors, CLA and Lipids good for health!

Thats the evidence, please read the weightlifting section for more

Regards