Devotees Drop Babies 50ft For Luck

~Preeti~

Worshippers at a Muslim shrine in western India have been dropping babies from a tower for good luck.

The "good luck babies" are thrown from a height of 50ft on to a cloth sheet in a bizarre ritual that is thought to bring them good health.

Baby dropping has taken place at the shrine in Solapur, in the state of Maharastra, for over 500 years. It also takes place on special days in other parts of the country.

The ritual is practised by couples who are blessed with a child after taking a vow at the Baba Sheikh Umar Saheb Dargah or temple.

Locals claim there have been no accidents and children thrown from the tower do not suffer from any physical disability.

The ritual is observed by both Muslims and Hindus every year.

Heres a video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e0nKoM82Gg

Something Bibi G said in another thread...

QUOTE (BiBi G @ Apr 29 2008, 07:30 PM)

(I fell down the stairs & bumped my head along the way - lol *thinking* perhaps explains a lot of things)

Is it me or can anyone else see the links??? lolz

Something Bibi G said in another thread...

QUOTE (BiBi G @ Apr 29 2008, 07:30 PM)

(I fell down the stairs & bumped my head along the way - lol *thinking* perhaps explains a lot of things)

Is it me or can anyone else see the links??? lolz

:o :jamdoot I think I know who pushed me now...Azaad watch you back! Muhahaha :console:

On a more serious note...Imagine someone (yes Azaad someone like me!) missed the white sheet! Vaheguru! :6

idont think there is a way u can miss the sheet...but anyhow..

research should be done to find out if its ok, if its bad/good...and if it helps kids in some way{maybe later in life}?

all i can think of is great America (Rides!!!!) :lol: thrill and the rush!

maybe it helps kids become more open>>help them in taking more Risks in life! :p (me and my theories :rolleyes: ...ahhh i shouldve gone into research/psych :gg: )