Regrets

Guest _Singh_

Guest _Singh_

A poem by a Sikh girl seduced and betrayed by a muslim guy, a warning to all Sikh girls.

Regrets.... I Have Many

Life in leafy Edgbaston was cosy, routine and without much bother,

Mummy and daddy where professional middle class,

I was at college study for my A levels,

I was shy and obedient but I wasn't content,

I longed for excitement,

I wanted to live the world,

I wanted to be as bold as brass and that was my intent.

At college one day, a lad approached me, as he towards me,

I could see from afar around his neck, he wore the moon and stars around his neck.

He was very persistent and sweet,

Told me I was beautiful from my head down to my feet.

In my innocence by this tender words I was fooled,

This Muslim boy loved me.

And the love for my own family cooled.

My stupidity lead me to follow western trends,

I allowed him to become my boyfriend,

He had me under his hypnotic spell,

What I was going to do next nobody could tell,

I moved from Edgbaston to Sparkbrook.

I longed to be with my one and only Farooq.

My life was to change completely,

Long gone where the afternoon tea parties with the ladies,

Long gone where my Mummy's BMW and Daddy's Mercedes,

I was soon getting on and off buses and trams,

As I struggled with a variety of prams,

I was his sweetheart no more,

Instead I had become his common <admin-profanity filter activated>.

From Edgbaston to Sparkbrook and then to living hell

That is Pakistan,

A distant memory now, but please believe me,

I had once stood shoulder to shoulder with my dear dad

and demanded khalistan.

Oh God

What have I done?

What has happened to me?

What have I become?

As I lay awake at night

There is nobody to even hear me cry,

My thoughts are unanswered, questions are my only escape,

Somebody, anybody! Please tell me?

Will I ever stand in the warmth of my kitchen again?

Will I ever feel the hug of dear Daddy's strong arms?

Will my brothers ever fight and play and argue with me again?

Will I be there when my Mummy and Daddy grow old?

When my brother gets married will I be there to put the kalgi on his pagh?

Will I ever again experience the sweet nectar that is Gurbani?

Will I ever share langar again?

Now there are no answers, only questions.

I have sown the seed of my own despair,

My life is in ruins, which nobody can repair,

My innocence, foolishness, kismet on me all have cheated,

I desperately want my previous boring life,

But I fear I am living in false hope,

In my heart of hearts I know that can never be repeated.

As I write these word in the unforgiving Pakistani heat,

Streams of sweat and tears run down my face,

I realise for me it is now too late,

Life has dealt me a cruel fate,

My living hell on my own I have to endure,

But I plead with my Sikh sisters that you make sure

Don't be fooled by his looks and false allure.

Stay in the warmth of Sikh religion,

Maintain your family values,

Enjoy its rich culture, but unlike me don't abuse its social freedom,

Ignore my advice at your peril,

But I beg you to take, a good long hard look at me,

A pitiful shambles I'm sure you will agree,

Happiness or even hope, I haven't any,

But regrets.............

I have many.

Guest anon87

I think the number of our girls who find themselves 'targeted' is quite underestimated.

The problem doesnt lie with anyone but ourselves. Looking at many of my own sikh friends, the emphasis tends to be towards learning punjabi rather than learning about the history of our faith.

I see some of my friends' mothers beam with pride at their GCSE punjabi yet some of them kno very little about the history of our faith. My knowledge is by no means flawless but i believe i kno more than most.

My 'potential wife/best friend/girlfriend' believes that language takes preference, i suppose it depends on how you were brought up yourself.

In my opinion, whilst punjabi is important, it is not the most important thing, because at its simplest form, its just a means of communication, it isnt knowledge. Im perhaps a little biased as im not a very fluent punjabi speaker.

Im interested to know what others on the forum think about knowledge over language?

Guest faith
I think the number of our girls who find themselves 'targeted' is quite underestimated.

So true, i'll bet at least 1 in every 2 sikh girls, and most likely more have been hit on by a muslim guy at least once, I know i've been a few times. It's only when you realise the amount of conspiracy that is most likely behind the act. Every single muslim boy in this country is aware that preaching and talk has gone on in many mosques and muslim circles encouraging boys to target sikh girls for conversion, and if not in the mosques, undoubtedly between uni and college mates, cousins and brothers. They see sikh girls as 'easy'(in both senses of the word) targets (Ive had discussions with young, very forward muslim guys who have actually said this to my face, they don't mess muslim girls around because they're supposed to respect them as much as they do their sisters)and theres alot of rewarding going on for this... within a mosque near where I live leaflets were being given out saying anyone who converts or seduces a sikh or hindu girl gets a free pizza. This is no joke, I was absolutely shocked when I read one! This was two years ago so imagine what its like now. Sikh girls instead of wising up fall for the same lines again and again not realising that these guys can turn seriously nasty with or without rejection.

Its sad but the actual reality is that all sikh girls have already been warned soooo many times by brothers, cousins friends and relatives, all im saying has been said a million times before. they just need to face up to the truth and the 99% possibility that if they want to give up everything and go for it, they'll be used, abused, treated like <admin-profanity filter activated>...or be taken to pakistan and suffer worse consequences including forced prostitution and watching their hubbys marry 2 or 3 more women who'll be their only company whilst being beaten...

Guest __singh__

with all respects to the bibi who wrote the poem...... i apologize if some of my comments might offend you....

but does all this mean that there is a "drought" of soft speakers among sikh guys and its just things are changing around such that sikh guys arent good enough to reach out for a sikh girl .....?

there has to be something done about this epidemic and it should be sooner rather than later.......

these incidents saddens each and every single sikh around the globe.......

The problem doesnt lie with anyone but ourselves. Looking at many of my own sikh friends, the emphasis tends to be towards learning punjabi rather than learning about the history of our faith.

I see some of my friends' mothers beam with pride at their GCSE punjabi yet some of them kno very little about the history of our faith. My knowledge is by no means flawless but i believe i kno more than most.

My 'potential wife/best friend/girlfriend' believes that language takes preference, i suppose it depends on how you were brought up yourself.

In my opinion, whilst punjabi is important, it is not the most important thing, because at its simplest form, its just a means of communication, it isnt knowledge. Im perhaps a little biased as im not a very fluent punjabi speaker.

Im interested to know what others on the forum think about knowledge over language?

couldnt agree more with you :aww