Summer Holiday Paath Classes By Bhai Uday Singh!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i might know him. ................

he taught me how to read/write punjabi.

he whooped us with branches a lot, but today its thanks to him that i know my punjabi well.............

LOL... From where did he find branches in Toronto?

I hear Toronto is a ‘concrete jungle’ !!

From what I could find, he was a professor at Punjab University, spent sometime at California Berkeley . Then as a professor at Sudbury University in Canada and retired from there a few years ago. Has been doing sewa of teaching how to pronounce “Shudh” ( correctly) Gurbani and teaching Punjabi. He must be well into his senior years by now. He is very ‘Panthik’. (There has been rumours that he was not allowed back into India for sometime for being thought as too ‘Panthik’ by the Indian authorities)

Ahhhh

This is the man who taught me all the Gurbani I know. Taught me how to read and write Punjabi.. man i miss those days. He is a great teacher.. although strict.. but you can learn Punjabi within weeks if you stay commited. He has done great Seva here in Toronto teaching kids and adults alike Punjabi without ever profiting a cent. Great man He is! :TH:

An opprotunity like this should not be missed!

LOL... From where did he find branches in Toronto?

I hear Toronto is a ‘concrete jungle’ !!

He actually dosent live in the city but in the countryside (Caledon) where he has a farm house... and there are quite a few trees on his property :)

• 1 month later...