Chaoh'paee Saahb

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee's account

psssh didnt think a serious topic would get replies.... :rolleyes: I forgot most of youse only post in important topics like the ones in the fun section.... :think

May be there are not replies to the topic because the website you posted is not very good, all it has is a story that the british changed chaupai sahib, and hasnt given any evidence, proof or references that would make us believe it?

And this is coming from someone who reads the so called "full" chaupai sahib

If you don't believe it then tell me this; where does the other Gotkeh come from? Why isn't Banee all the same in Gotkeh? (Don't talk about Raagmaalaa, am talking about Nithnem). How do you know its not true?

I do read Chopayee Saahb fully; my pronounciation isnt correctly; neithers any of ours.

As for the comment about Lar'ee'vaar Gurbanee; you can only make that comment when the whole Panth is reading Gurbanee Lar'ee'vaar; not just because I made a comment against the Gotkeh you read out of.

psssh didnt think a serious topic would get replies.... :rolleyes: I forgot most of youse only post in important topics like the ones in the fun section.... :think

May be there are not replies to the topic because the website you posted is not very good, all it has is a story that the british changed chaupai sahib, and hasnt given any evidence, proof or references that would make us believe it?

If you don't believe it then tell me this; where does the other Gotkeh come from? Why isn't Banee all the same in Gotkeh? (Don't talk about Raagmaalaa, am talking about Nithnem). How do you know its not true?

I do read Chopayee Saahb fully; my pronounciation isnt correctly; neithers any of ours.

As for the comment about Lar'ee'vaar Gurbanee; you can only make that comment when the whole Panth is reading Gurbanee Lar'ee'vaar; not just because I made a comment against the Gotkeh you read out of.

KKW, I dont get it, you asked for your account to be deleted. Now you just post from someone elses account instead. What was the point of that. Oh well.

Gurfateh

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee Velling Vahleh's account

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fatheh!!!

You tell me Bhenjee?

KKW, I dont get it, you asked for your account to be deleted. Now you just post from someone elses account instead. What was the point of that. Oh well.

Gurfateh

You tell me Bhenjee?

Tell you what? I asked the question.

It dont matter, forget it.

Its silly to blame all variation in Gutka compilation on the British, standardised printed gutke have only been around for a few decades, and even between pratan sampradas eg nanaksar, various branches of taksal, buddhadal, there is big variations in what people read, even within a jatha people add extra saloks, etc bani that they enjoy particularly,

its part of life and providing people are reading the basic panj bani as a minimum no one has any right to say the bani they do is "more correct" than anyone elses unless there is good evidence to show it - which there is not

a bani is "more correct" when it is done with full concentration and pyaar!

I generally read the socalled "full" chaupai sahib upto pauri 29 (not the swaiya and dohara at the end that appear in taksali gutke, i am not sure why this is put there since they are not part of chaupai sahib and do not come from the end of chritropakhyan, they actually come from Ramavtar in a completely seperate part of Dasam Granth) but I wouldnt criticise someone who chooses to finish at 25 because who knows maybe this is where chaupai sahib is meant to end - we simply dont know for sure

lolll I can see where your coming from; am not saying that the British did EVERYTHING; am just saying that I never seen that link on the Internet before and I wanted people's comments about it; as for me saying that people should read from a Taksalee Gotkaa, that wasen't to say of yeah the rest of the Gotkeh are wrong, am just saying that the Taksaal concentrates on Banee HUGELY just like AKJ concentrate on Keerthan HUGELY. Thats all. I wearn't criticising anyone initially.

I can see that everyone jumped to the fact about me saying about the Gurbanee, there havent been many comments about the the comments made on the link about Dhasam Granth Banee, Sikhee Saroop etc.

Gurfateh

You tell me Bhenjee?

Tell you what? I asked the question.

It dont matter, forget it.

Alright.