Why Is Life So Hard?

sherlsurj

hey everyone,

i came on here with my probs a few months ago when things started going bad for me. anyway things started looking up 4 me recently. i took on every1s advice.............did exercise, went gudwara more, more phaat and it helped for a while.

but why MOD EDIT is life so hard?for the first time in years the other day i was happy. i went out with my mates had such a laugh it was nothing bad just we had pizza and had a laugh. but a few days later sumfin happened that hurts so much. im just sick of everyfin. i keep putting a brave face on but seriously whats the point in trying to do right things if u just get hurt after?!

ive tried so hard to be happy and it just aint happening. in the last 2 years ive been happy on just 3 seperate days. ive started eating painkillers just for the hell of it had like 8 the oher day, started harming myself again too. i know i sound like a freak but im not. life is way too hard.

is having painkillers like breaking my rehat???

thank u for reading seriously hpe no1 gets upset by reading this.

futeh ji

You know, life will throw challenges at you no matter what you do. Better to try and see it as just that - A CHALLENGE.

Look inside yourself and find the strength to face that challenge. This is where religion/spirituality is really helpful.

Sometimes it's just how you are looking at a situation that makes it worse.

So try and be strong and good to yourself. No one is perfect and if you are not either, your just like the rest of us.

Spit out self pity and find your centre. You are God's child on this earth, be thankful for that. These things we face are there to make us stronger - don't forget that.

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fatheh

life is hard because as we get deeper and deeper into sikhi the more we get attacked by maayaa and so it makes our life harder, but we have to stay strong and fight it, fight the maayaa. And please dont hurt yourself, pleeeeease, it hurts me knowing you hurt yourself as well as taking too many painkillers.

You are extreeeeeeemely lucky according to many people out there, you have your life, dont let this life slip away so easily.

mwxs jnmu dulµBu hY sPl jnmu gur srix auDwry]

maanas janam dhula(n)bh hai safal janam gur saran oudhhaarae||

Among them all, the human birth is the rare one. One should, in this very Birth, liberate himself by surrendering before the Guru.

This is your only chance to free yourself/your soul from this body.

Look at all of the sikhs that died for us, if it wasnt for them we would not be here, we would not be sikhs, we would be something else and much more depressed and upset and angry, be glad you have this life, and fight those things that are pulling you back, we are all here to support you, do veechaar with any sangat you may have by you (friends/family/random religious sikhs sitting in the gurdwara).

You said "what is the point in doing something right when you're just going to get hurt?" Well when we do something good we earn something (sevaa) but then we have to maintain the goodness of that sevaa, and in order to do that we have to pass countless tests which vaaheguroo is giving us in order to prove our love for him... and some of us fail and some dont... those who fail see it as though they get hurt everytime they do something wrong, but those who pass these tests see guroo jee's kirpaa and are amazed at how they are being tested by vaaheguroo.

Another reason people get hurt after doing good things is to see wheather you will maintain that goodness by not showing anger or disrespect etc towards yourself and others. Something we may have done in our past lives we might be paying for in this life, so that could be a reason too.

It is a paap (sin) to harm yourself as the body that your soul is in does not belong to you, it belongs to vaaheguroo... it's like borrowing a game from somebody and then breaking, they aren't going to be happy are they?

so khaalsaa jee, please stay strong for yourself and your guroo, without him you will be lost and will never be able to cross the terrifying world ocean...

sglI BUlY nhI sbdu Acwru ]

sagalee bhoolai nehee sabadh achaar ||

All are deluded and confused, without the Word of the Shabad and good conduct.

so smJY ijsu guru krqwru ]4]

so samajhai jis gur karathaar ||4||

He alone is instructed in this, who is blessed by the Guru, the Creator. ||4||

(full shabad: http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4228)

Hopefully somebody else can do a better job at helping you than I have...

Hope i didnt cause any offence, if so then i apologise

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fatheh :)

Its the attachment that causes this suffering. Life only becomes hard when we face a situation that we feel we can not handle or understand.

When ever i come across a struggle or something i always thing of the tuk

jeh sukh deh ta tujeh aradhi dukh vhi tujeh dhiyaaee

If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You

Guest Relax

Why is life so hard? It is not like you have a mission to complete which you can't live without completing. Just read bani, relax and chill.

gurbani tells us that pleasure is the same as pain, if you want worldly pleasure, then pain is what comes with it, there is no escaping it as maya is the same, whether it feels to the mind sweet or not. The only way to avoid pain is to avoid maya, which includes her enjoyments. So basically we have to beg guroo sahib to take us away from enjoying worldly pleasures, the less worldly pleasures we recieve, the less worldly pain we will recieve.

Vaheguroo kirpa kare on us alll