Takht Hazoor Sahib Rejects Akal Takht Gurmatta

blatisingh

i wouldnt question singh sahib kulwant singh either.... at least they follow maryada.

I have had the privledge to speak to Giani Kulwant Singh Ji at some lenght on several points of gurmat. I have never been so shocked at their responses and their knowledge and avastha. I had persumed there would just be another political muppet on the jathedar soapbox. THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE WAS TRUE. They are a puran gursikh who just ooze naam and gursikhi. They have nothing but pure pyaar and devotion towards Guruji, the type that makes you feel at peace while sitting in their company.

I second that point in bold. i had the opportunity to go to Sach Khand Hajoor Sahib and also meet Singh Sahib Kulwant Singh. When you sit next to him, then you know the devotion and piaar he has for Maharaj and the Guru's sangat.

Baba Kulwant Singh ji is avastha wale, a true sant. When my parents toured India a few years ago Giani Kulwant Singh ji was there, washing the sangats feet before thye entered teh Gurdwara sahib. He has also been doing seva of the Guru's shastaars also for a very long time.

It is worth noting that in very old western accounts of sikhs, they noted that the nihangs of Sri Hazoor Sahib would not even form any close association with Hindus. They kept themselves as separate as possible. I think it was Macauliffe who was concerned as he said the boa constrictor of bhraminism is already twisting around sikhs in Punjab. He mentioned Takht Hazoor Sahibs sikhs as a bright spot where sikhi strongly, and sikhs maintained the distinct khalsa teachings.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt question singh sahib kulwant singh either.... at least they follow maryada.

I have had the privledge to speak to Giani Kulwant Singh Ji at some lenght on several points of gurmat. I have never been so shocked at their responses and their knowledge and avastha. I had persumed there would just be another political muppet on the jathedar soapbox. THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE WAS TRUE. They are a puran gursikh who just ooze naam and gursikhi. They have nothing but pure pyaar and devotion towards Guruji, the type that makes you feel at peace while sitting in their company.

I second that point in bold. i had the opportunity to go to Sach Khand Hajoor Sahib and also meet Singh Sahib Kulwant Singh. When you sit next to him, then you know the devotion and piaar he has for Maharaj and the Guru's sangat.

Baba Kulwant Singh ji is avastha wale, a true sant. When my parents toured India a few years ago Giani Kulwant Singh ji was there, washing the sangats feet before thye entered teh Gurdwara sahib. He has also been doing seva of the Guru's shastaars also for a very long time.

It is worth noting that in very old western accounts of sikhs, they noted that the nihangs of Sri Hazoor Sahib would not even form any close association with Hindus. They kept themselves as separate as possible. I think it was Macauliffe who was concerned as he said the boa constrictor of bhraminism is already twisting around sikhs in Punjab. He mentioned Takht Hazoor Sahibs sikhs as a bright spot where sikhi strongly, and sikhs maintained the distinct khalsa teachings.

I believe that the marayada practiced there is probably the purest form in the current day and age as it hasnt been changed on the whims of indivualds or politicans, it has stood the test of time

I believe that the marayada practiced there is probably the purest form in the current day and age as it hasnt been changed on the whims of indivualds or politicans, it has stood the test of time

I believe otherwise.

I have never met Sri Kulwant Singh ji, but i know that the Jathedars of Hazoor Sahib are very very dedicated and devoted.

But to start questioning Akal Takht is like challenging the whole Sikh Panth. It has been our supreme Temporal seat for centuries. Also Hazoor sahib has never come in direct confrontation with any other Takht. They are saner not to get in un-necessary stupid controversies. But , Takht Hazoor sahib is under the control of Maharashtra govt. They are under the control of D.C of Nander who is chairman or whatever. Their political actions are controlled by Maharashtra Govt. which leads to it their being controlled by central govt. indirectly.

Giani Iqbal Singh is making history by challenging Akal Takht and it is an un-precedented act. I think this guy is inviting death. He is under the inluence of BJP and BJP and AKALI DAL are partners in govt. in Punjab. Now everybody knows that BJP has no say in the Govt. and is treated shabbily by Akali Dal. BJP ministers were beaten by Akalis during recent Zila Parishad elections. BJP was humiliated. Panth is in chardi kala in Punjab now. So, BJP is using age old tactic to defame Akali dal via Akal takht (as everybody knows that Akali Dal controls Sgpc which in turn controls Akal Takht politics).

Giani Iqbal Singh is being made a scapegoat by BJP to fulfill it's political ambitions. He might end up by paying with his life. He has already received a warning from Babbar Khalsa to mend his ways. They will not warn him second time.

P.S Although majority of Jathedars of SGPC and Akali Dal are corrupt and croonies of corruption king Badal, that does not mean one should start challenging Akal Takht.

I believe otherwise.

I have never met Sri Kulwant Singh ji, but i know that the Jathedars of Hazoor Sahib are very very dedicated and devoted.

But to start questioning Akal Takht is like challenging the whole Sikh Panth. It has been our supreme Temporal seat for centuries. Also Hazoor sahib has never come in direct confrontation with any other Takht. They are saner not to get in un-necessary stupid controversies. But , Takht Hazoor sahib is under the control of Maharashtra govt. They are under the control of D.C of Nander who is chairman or whatever. Their political actions are controlled by Maharashtra Govt. which leads to it their being controlled by central govt. indirectly.

Giani Iqbal Singh is making history by challenging Akal Takht and it is an un-precedented act. I think this guy is inviting death. He is under the inluence of BJP and BJP and AKALI DAL are partners in govt. in Punjab. Now everybody knows that BJP has no say in the Govt. and is treated shabbily by Akali Dal. BJP ministers were beaten by Akalis during recent Zila Parishad elections. BJP was humiliated. Panth is in chardi kala in Punjab now. So, BJP is using age old tactic to defame Akali dal via Akal takht (as everybody knows that Akali Dal controls Sgpc which in turn controls Akal Takht politics).

Giani Iqbal Singh is being made a scapegoat by BJP to fulfill it's political ambitions. He might end up by paying with his life. He has already received a warning from Babbar Khalsa to mend his ways. They will not warn him second time.

P.S Although majority of Jathedars of SGPC and Akali Dal are corrupt and croonies of corruption king Badal, that does not mean one should start challenging Akal Takht.

I will never and have never challeged the Akal Takhat Sahib. What I have done and will do Is not obey the political muppets that are chosen by Badal and co that degenerate the Akal takhat. All those that sit and just say akal takhat is supreme etc etc, you should be trying to get it free of poltics and have a real Jathedar installed.

Hazur Sahib is under the control of the district Authorites, BUT they are only interested in the money side and political side. THEY DO NOT CHALLENGE OR INTERFERE IN THE GURMAT SIDE OF things. iN THIS THE AUTHORITY OF JATHEDAR KULWANT SINGH JI IS SUPREME, as should the jathedar of the Akal Takhat be

People who support Iqbal Singh need to remember his kartoota with his wife and the tamasha he has created. If you want to support such a person then good Luck.

Iqbal Singh has no precedent to make such decisions, yet people overlook this. By abusing his power in this way, would it not be fair to say they have abused their power in other matters of maryada? The only precedent I can find is people like Iqbal Singh making up their own rules.

Regarding hazoor sahib having the pure maryada, I could say the sangat in Bhurampur who have no punjabi origins and are Sikhs from Guru Nanak Dev jees time follow the most pure maryada because they had no outside influence. They took amrit when guru Gobind arrived there, after completing a maharaj bir at Agra, Guru Sahib left this bir there. You should go there and see for yourself and see the difference between them and hazoor sahib. Maharaja Ranjeet sent people to Hazoor sahib to work on building the gurdwara, its wrong to say they could not have been influenced by others or to claim their maryada is most pure. Where is the evidence? other than guessing Giani Kulwants singhs avastha. I dont know him and was unable to meet him when at hazoor Sahib, but someones avastha is one thing and panthic Rehit maryada is another.

People who support Iqbal Singh need to remember his kartoota with his wife and the tamasha he has created. If you want to support such a person then good Luck.

Iqbal Singh has no precedent to make such decisions, yet people overlook this. By abusing his power in this way, would it not be fair to say they have abused their power in other matters of maryada? The only precedent I can find is people like Iqbal Singh making up their own rules.

Regarding hazoor sahib having the pure maryada, I could say the sangat in Bhurampur who have no punjabi origins and are Sikhs from Guru Nanak Dev jees time follow the most pure maryada because they had no outside influence. They took amrit when guru Gobind arrived there, after completing a maharaj bir at Agra, Guru Sahib left this bir there. You should go there and see for yourself and see the difference between them and hazoor sahib. Maharaja Ranjeet sent people to Hazoor sahib to work on building the gurdwara, its wrong to say they could not have been influenced by others or to claim their maryada is most pure. Where is the evidence? other than guessing Giani Kulwants singhs avastha. I dont know him and was unable to meet him when at hazoor Sahib, but someones avastha is one thing and panthic Rehit maryada is another.

Well Said!! I Agree!! Also at one point, well documented by historical records at Hazoor sahib, the Singhs there locked the gates and came back to Punjab, as living there was very difficult in olden times. The managment was then taken over by Turks of Nizam of Hyderabad. They took care of the gurdwara with great devotion for many months or maybe year/s. When the singhs went back to claim the place , the turks refused to hand over the shrine saying they had abandoned the place and will not get it back. It was only after great difficulty that they got the gurdwara back from the Turks. This story i read in "Sachkhand Patra" printed from Hazoor Sahib.

i love this ''panthic rehat maryada'' which most of the ''panth'' rejects. its rather halarious.

You think ragi Darshan singh is right then? :gg:

Well Said!! I Agree!! Also at one point, well documented by historical records at Hazoor sahib, the Singhs there locked the gates and came back to Punjab, as living there was very difficult in olden times. The managment was then taken over by Turks of Nizam of Hyderabad. They took care of the gurdwara with great devotion for many months or maybe year/s. When the singhs went back to claim the place , the turks refused to hand over the shrine saying they had abandoned the place and will not get it back. It was only after great difficulty that they got the gurdwara back from the Turks. This story i read in "Sachkhand Patra" printed from Hazoor Sahib.

i love this ''panthic rehat maryada'' which most of the ''panth'' rejects. its rather halarious.

You think ragi Darshan singh is right then? :gg:

Veer Apne jee you are 100% correct about Nizam of Hyderabad.

Veer Khalistan_Zindabaad, You might find it interesting to read what Sant baba Gurbachan SIngh jee says about the panthic Sikh rehit maryada, Since he seems to be above the panth for you guys, you should read what he said to giani kirpal Singh jee about following the panthic Sikh rehit maryada. If you cant be bothered to read it, ive written a translation in another discussion, you can search for it.