Skin Problems

Guest :(

fateh

when i was 4-10 years old, i had exzema. however, with maharaj's mahan kirpa, someone told me about a herbal cream, which worked perfectly, all the Eczema went. i was so relieved because i had it mostly on joints, neck and arms.

however, at present my skin is covered in dark black patched of where the Eczema used to be.

my neck is so dark, and it doesnt look right beacause my face is very fair compared to my neck.

rest of body is fine, but my stomach, my joints in arms and mostly my neck is very very very dark because the Eczema has left patches.

is there any way i can get rid of these? i asked my doctor, he said no. i asked the guy i got my herbal cream from and he also said no. so i was just wondering, is there any way to cure this?

all ur help will be highly appreciated. thank you,

fateh

fateh

when i was 4-10 years old, i had exzema. however, with maharaj's mahan kirpa, someone told me about a herbal cream, which worked perfectly, all the Eczema went. i was so relieved because i had it mostly on joints, neck and arms.

however, at present my skin is covered in dark black patched of where the Eczema used to be.

my neck is so dark, and it doesnt look right beacause my face is very fair compared to my neck.

rest of body is fine, but my stomach, my joints in arms and mostly my neck is very very very dark because the Eczema has left patches.

is there any way i can get rid of these? i asked my doctor, he said no. i asked the guy i got my herbal cream from and he also said no. so i was just wondering, is there any way to cure this?

all ur help will be highly appreciated. thank you,

fateh

fateh jee

Well if your doctor said no, i don't know how much use my suggestion is going to be; BUT i had eczema and cocoa butter/cream helped clear away all the scarring. I used palmer's cocoa better with vitamin E formula. Some people use only vitamin E soaps/creams, and that you can get from the Body Shop (if your in the UK? Does the body shop exist elsewhere??). Hope it helps!

Fateh

Guest Guest

You could try exfoliation with something like Glycolic Acid. I would consult your GP/Dermatologist first just to make sure you won't be doing any damage, and you can buy low strength glycolic acid (usually used for acne scars etc) on various websites or even ebay. I have heard cocoa butter is good for marks on skin so you could try this too.

My sister had the same problem. She does still have dark patches, but they've faded a fair bit with time (she's 25 now & has had eczema since she was a baby). I have a few suggestions, not sure how useful they will be:

* Keep those bits of skin in good condition, moisturise daily - the skin has a better chance of recovering if it's healthy.

* Drink lots of water everyday. I'm sure you hear that one a lot, but it really does help - if you're dehydrated your skin tends to be one of the first things to suffer because other organs need the water more.

* Try to avoid steroid creams if possible, they do stop itching, but aren't very good for your skin - they've left both me and my sister with dark patches.

* Try aloe vera gel and/or vitamin e oil like people have suggested - they're both very good for healing skin.

* Pay attention to what is good for YOUR skin and stick with it - for example some people swear by baby oil as a moisturiser, but others find it's really drying. And some people have a great result from products containing tea tree, but others find it makes their skin red and inflamed. Knowing your skin well will help you to avoid dry skin & flare ups.

Good luck!

I'm a medical practitioner and I agree with your doctor in that these hyperpigmented areas where eczema was active cannot be lightened or 'cured.' To help the skin blend in more, I suggest you use simple emolliants at least daily, as I reckon that despite your eczema being relatively inactive, you probably still have dry skin.

Aveeno cream is a good emolliant, but expensive (larger Boots stores stock it - and check out their range of wash products).

n.b. Anyone with eczema - be very careful of herbal products. Often those from India or China contain potent steroids which can dampen down the inflammation of eczema very quickly, but can also damage your skin - including darkening it. Avoid all herbal products unless you make them yourselves!