Ocean Of Pearls, A Hollywood Film By Sikh Director? Can It Really Be True? :)

Guest peacemaker

I haven't seen the whole movie, so I can't really give a proper opinion just based on the trailer. That being said, the moving part in the trailer for me was when he removes his turban and says, " This is the real world, you have to make compromises. These are the things you have to do in the real world!"

I might check this out.

^haha, yeh i noticed that too

is it out on DVD yet?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh

I AM COMPLELTLY CONFUSED , AND ONLY CONFUSED ,

IS THIS A MOVIE DESCRIBING THE TRUE PICTURE OF SIKH OR CONFUSSING THE NEXT GENERATION THAT THE BASIC THING YOU NEED TO MAINTAIN TO BE CALLED SIKH IS TO WEAR A TRUBAN NOT THE BEARED AND MUSTACHE I MEAN UNCUT HEAR FROM HEAD TO TOE. I AM SORRY I DONT WANT MY FRIENDS TO SEE SOMETHING WHICH WILL NOT ONLY CONFUSE THE OUR OWN SIKH BUT ALSO GIVE A UNTRUE IMPRESSION ABOUT OUR IDENTITY WHICH IS UTMOST IMPORTANT , WHICH IS MORE VALUABLE THAN MY OWN LIFE.

Please akal purukh do some kirpa, please make this world aware of true khalsa or sikh. Please stop all those who are trying to destroy the identity of sikh

AB RACHA MERI TUM KARO, SIKH UBARO ASIKH SANGHARO

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji kee fateh

VIEWER'S COMMENTS

http://oceanofpearls.com/comment.htm

"A masterpiece strengthening identity issues...truly inspiring. A MUST SEE!"

- Tushar Unadkat, Mukta Advertising, Toronto

"...your movie got to me...... conflicts within discrimination, family, romantic love, wealth, ethics, morality, and the need for acceptance is portrayed with power and drama....How much have any of us given away of our choices, our freedom, our passions, ourselves in compromise and without even knowing it, without questioning it.....Thanks for illuminating that and also that an individual does have a choice and that there are values only determined within oneself. Bravo"

- Brad Hallock - Miami

"Our programming committee was absolutely floored by its spirit and vision.."

- Abraham Ferrer, Visual Communications, Los Angeles

"Absolutely moving. A must see for people of all cultures and backgrounds."

- Anu, Toronto

"Moving, Gripping, realistic.... loved the film. One you can watch over and over still learn something new everytime..make the time to watch it."

- Reema Lakhani, Toronto

"Excellent movie. I have no words to describe how good this movie was. Touched my heart."

- Kulwinder Kaur, Toronto

"Beautiful movie.... well made."

- Amar Manjal, Mumbai, India

"...a beautiful film..."

- Patrick De Bokay, Director, Miami International Film Festival

"Fabulously told....a very human experience...."

- Al Blake, North Bay Village

"Excellent film!"

- Teresa Di Cairave, Montreal

"As ... part of the Christian community, I found this movie enthralling. I am looking forward to bringing my family to see it."

- Toronto

"...an amazing film..."

- Dahlia Waingort, First Time Film Festival, Los Angeles

"Amazingly beautiful and simple."

- De Souza Nila, Toronto

".... simply stunning....very powerful movie, with an even more powerful message."

- Kelley Koshima, Toronto

"Captivating....Heartfelt...exceptionally well documented."

- Rachelle Carrie, Miami

"Tugs at the heart strings. Profound in the simplicity of its message. LOVED IT!! Well Done!"

- Jag, Toronto

"Absolutely fabulous...truly moving.."

- Christie Yamron, Miami

"I felt captured by the first scene and it never left me throughout the film. I love it, the acting was fabulous and the story was captivating and very educational. Excellent Job."

- Cecile Bergeron, Laguna Woods

"A GREAT FILM!!"

- Sevil Arli, Los Angeles

"..deeply moving and inspiring...touches people at their core...."

- Elikai

"exquisitely profound & moving...touches the depths of your heart...reminds you of the resiliency of human kind"

- Ashley Uyeda, Los Angeles

"..beautifully realized coming-of-age story....a poignant film in light of current events and geopolitics."

- Randy Mulkey, Los Angeles

"Coming from a different religious upbringing, it was an incredible to experience "soul searching" through the Sikh faith."

- Tyler Rameras, Playa Del Ray

I AM COMPLELTLY CONFUSED , AND ONLY CONFUSED ,

Does that mean I shouldn't save a seat for you in the theater? :sady:

Veer ji ,

I guess you would be yourself be the right person to answer it, whether you really wanted to see a movie which might have an adverse impact on the identity of sikh.

Though i am very happy to Sunny online probably after a long time.

Guest peacemaker
I guess you would be yourself be the right person to answer it, whether you really wanted to see a movie which might have an adverse impact on the identity of sikh.

How do you know for sure? I'm saying, don't write off a movie so fast from a two minute clip.