How Do You Feel?

Singh_Valiance

I just wanted to share how I have been feeling past few days..I am a regular Sikh , not an amritdhari , I may look like a normal Sikh walking down the dusty streets of Punjab (and other places,I travel a lot) .. But things have been troubling me . I am not a regular at doing bani or visiting Gurudwara but I read a hell lot about SIkhi on the net , and have that inner great feeling of being a Sikh , with Singh as my last name (P.S I deny belonging to a caste which my parents even tell me to , but I don't put it at the end of my name , because I believe Singh is enough as my last name..) ..I mean is it fine?? ...Though majority of my family blood members , use a caste after their 'Singh' or 'Kaur' at then end , I havent been doing this , since like I was in School..I always end my name with Singh . I find it a Joke , being a follower of Sikhi and still using something after 'Singh' ...I mean what I am doing is fine ryt? ...since my mum-dad asked me why I wasnt putting it , I told them..I guess I did ryt?

Secondly , one of my friends went to germany for his interns , and had cut his hair before leaving India , one of my cousins had also cut hair , and I find like 80% of punjabi rural yough cutting their hair ...its weird ! ..I find utterly displeased but I can't do anything...I don't wanna end up being an extremist , I hate that , infact I hate extremists of all religions...but I want to do something about so many things...like I described in previous and this para...I feel I have a good understanding of my religion , and want to do something about it ..I just cant see our own sikh kingdom (punjab) falling prey to something rubbish , I hate it when my Sikh friends idoliZe someone like JazzyB OR some bollywood guy , its all rubbish I feel , but how can I MAKE MY VOICE HEARD , its so frustating , moreover I am an engineer student at a top notch tech school in india ... i will probably go out to US for my MS , but am afraid that those people wont probably understand my religion , and make problems for me..I MEAN so much is goin around in my mind about my religion , and all I can do is write it here for u ppl ..!! ..

P.S i luv luv luv Sikhi !

Rab Rakha!

141 views and no ones replying lol thats no goooood

'I am not a regular at doing bani or visiting Gurudwara'

Maybe you just need to get a good routine going that way you'll stick to it, or maybe the time you spend reading about sikhi you could use to read bani or go gurdwara?

'I don't put it at the end of my name , because I believe Singh is enough as my last name..) ..I mean is it fine??'

Yep, but i think we just keep them for more practical reasons, like if you were at school and you had 5 boys with the same name it would get a little confusing

'i will probably go out to US for my MS , but am afraid that those people wont probably understand my religion , and make problems for me'

What sorts of problems?