The Four Ages

Surban

hmm kk ive heard tht there r four ages and that were in the age of kaljug (the darkest age). But i wanted to know what the other ages are called and which one came before which one, like is kaljug the last age? :gg:

yes ji...u r right...

but here's a katha by Maskin ji.. :)

he will explain better than me

part 1

http://gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/04-Kat...%20Chare-01.mp3

part 2

http://gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/04-Kat...%20Chare-02.mp3

moreover.. from western astrology and i have heard frm sss harbhajan singh yogiji kathas tht an "age" also called a yug changes after every every 10,000 yrs... frm western astrology this is age of aquarius...

WJKK WJKF

hmm kk ive heard tht there r four ages and that were in the age of kaljug (the darkest age). But i wanted to know what the other ages are called and which one came before which one, like is kaljug the last age? :gg:

Satya Yug (Ram's times)

Treta Yug

Dwapara Yug (Krishna, Mahabharata etc)

Kaliyug (present)

It is possible that Ram was in Treta yug. My bad

Because varna-ashram dharma (brahmacharya in youth, grihastacharya in middle age, sanyasa in old age) was started only in Treta Yug after Ram's experience.

Ram is said to have been born around 5000 BC. However no historical proof of Ram exists. He was probably a great king who was elevated to the status of God or avtaar of Vishnu, another great religious myth.

What is the exact meaning of Varna Ashram Dharma. Is 'varna' not social caste?

In Bible I have read a Ram .. is that Ram this Ayodhya Ram ? I dunno

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_(bible)

Ram (Hebrew:רם) is a figure in the Hebrew Bible. He is the son of Hezron and ancestor of King David.

His genealogical lineage and descendants are recorded in 1. Chronicles, Chapter 2 and in the end of the Book of Ruth.

In the New Testament, his name is given as Aram and Arni.

About him is little known, exept that he must have lived when the israelites were in Egypt.

similarly there are a few hindu figures in the bible .. or altleast names are similar.

Next is Abraham. His wife was Sara

Hindus have Brahma and wife Saras-wati (wati is common female suffix

"Glick has culled Judaic mystical literature and found striking parallels in Hinduism, Gaudiya Vaishnavism in particular"

Dr. Nathan Katz

http://www.equalsouls.org/index.html

DEVOTEE: Rabbi, in the Vedas, Lord Balaräma is known as the first expansion of God. In the Jewish teachings do you know of any names corresponding to this?

RABBI: This name can be found in the name of the founder of the Kabbalist movement, the Rabbi Balsham Tov. Balsham means the "master of the Holy Name." On examination of Balsham, we find the name Bal that is a shortened form of Balam, the second expansion of God's personal energy. and Sham, which means all of God's Names are one. The personality or aspect of God represented by the name Va (in YHVH) is the same as God's second expansion, Balam. Balam is also the source of binah or understanding that knowledge by which God reveals Himself and His spiritual creation.

[...]

DEVOTEE: Rabbi, in the First Canto of the Srimad-Bhagavatam, there is a long description of how Lord Brahmä created the planets, stars, and bodies of all living entities within this universe. Until he executed the creative process, there was no order, only chaos.

The material energy existed but was unmanifest. Can you tell me more about the original Abraham and how he may be connected with the creation?

RABBI: Yes. The original Abraham has practically the same function and the same name as Lord Brahmä. For example, in Hebrew, Abraham is pronounced A-brahma-m. Furthermore, there is a description of how the universe was in chaos until Abraham appeared. It is said, "Over the whole, there hovered Tohu (chaos) and as long as Tohu dominated, the whole world was not in being or existence. When did that key open the gates and make the world fruitful? It was when Abraham appeared."