Shud A Gutka Be Covered With Rumalla ?

I always clean the place where Gutka is kept but do I have to keep my Gutka wrapped in a cloth. Nihang singhs use khazana(small bag) to keep their gutka but inside the bag, the gutka is not wrapped in cloth.

well actually i think it shud be cause incase u have little kids coming over who might be touching it or sumthing falls on it or, god forbid, it falls down on the floor atleast it'll be sorta kept safe and clean.. but then again i have this gutka with english translation in it an ya i preety much do wht u do, jus keep my night table clean an place it there =P lol

Banee is our Guroo...

Satkaar for banee in any form is a must!!

Gutkeh Sahibs shud be in rumalleh to show satkaar for banee...

You can get thoose pouch things made, there similar to rumalleh sahibs and make sure there kept clean etc.. there really useful..

but a gutka sahib shudnt b left uncovered..

The quran used to be treated with the same respect as Guru Granth Sahib Ji way back in the day.

A Sikh was reading Gurbani and heard GuruSahib was coming and they put their gutka down in a special place for it. Guru Sahib sobbed with tears down his face from his eyes. The Sikh being very alarmed begged GuruJi "What happened?, how can I help?" GurSahib said "You let dust get on my Bani and that dust is the same in my eyes, you should cover with respect to keep clean pysically and spiritually." (From what I remember)

Thats why we cover with rumalla etc and why we wash our hands before touching and studying(paat).

I used to go to my area Gurughars and cover all the gutkas in the building(about 100-150) with rumallas and covered the cupboard specially made to house the gutkas, and then the respect deserved is visible to all in Sangat. granthiJi understood after a min (he was like what the heck are you doing) taking someout and covering and organising Sukhmanis with Sukhmanis, Asa-ki-vaars etc and I also bought a few Sundar Gutkas nice ones and after a week they were gone (Im glad they went to "deserving hands")

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh Ji