Animals And Naam

I was reading Sri Kabir jee's bhagat bani. There is a stanza in which Kabir Jee says that a pet-dog of a gursikh is better than the mother of a manmukh because the dog listens to the Naam japped by his master and by listening to Naam/gurbani erases its sins of previous lives.

Does this mean that dogs and other animals can listen to Naam and get nearer to God ?

Are there any other tukks in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj regarding this topic.

kbIr bYsnau kI kUkir BlI swkq kI burI mwie ]

kabeer baisano kee kookar bhalee saakath kee buree maae ||

Kabeer, even the dog of a devotee is good, while the mother of the faithless cynic is bad.

Eh inq sunY hir nwm jsu auh pwp ibswhn jwie ]52]

ouh nith sunai har naam jas ouh paap bisaahan jaae ||52||

The dog hears the Praises of the Lord's Name, while the other is engaged in sin. ||52||

Guest shastr

hanji, animals can in fact listen to naam and get close to god. after all they were people before they got put into that joon. so sometimes, maharaj does kirpa, and forgives them of their mistakes, and takes them out of their joons. if you darbar sahib, you'll notice the dogs just sit there all day, outside the gates. listening to kirtan. you can also see this at other gurdwaras across punjab.

hanji, animals can in fact listen to naam and get close to god. after all they were people before they got put into that joon. so sometimes, maharaj does kirpa, and forgives them of their mistakes, and takes them out of their joons. if you darbar sahib, you'll notice the dogs just sit there all day, outside the gates. listening to kirtan. you can also see this at other gurdwaras across punjab.

haha, yep thats true. Even when i am reciting gurbani, my dog very quietly sits near to me. ON the other hand, so many people these days go to gurdwaras or rainsubaaiss to eat, do haha heehee, chugglis etc.. such people need to learn from obideint dogs who listen to Gurbani kirtan by sitting at the gates at the Gurdwara.

why should there be a campaign against eating dog meat? if people can eat chicken, pork, lamb, beef etc. then why can't they eat dog? having said that..... eeeewwwwwww

dogs r cute :D

waheguru

hehehe...that reminds me, i was at this house program once and the family had a parrot and while Giani Ji was doing vichaar the parroot would go "waheguru, waheguru, waheguru"..........hehehe it was sooooooooo cool.

just thought id share...........that parrot has japped more namm than my mummy ji :)