Are Sikhs Dying

manvir s

well i was wondering with all the wrongdoings in india and to sikhs in general around the world is it possible for us to survive. i wonder whether we will just fade from existence. is it not true that sikhs in places such as england and india are becoming less and less.if anyone could help stopper my fears then it would be much appreciated as i find myself wondering whether sikhs will survive.

% of true Sikhs are decreasing if you take into account the total Sikh Population. There are lesser number of Sikhs who are becoming Amritdhari , or on the path to become amritdhari (sehajdhari) , % wise. Majority of modern Sikhs have started thinking the Sikhi Khalsa Saroop is not important and hair were important only at Guru's time and not now. Majority of them remain with their other religion friends and happen to visit mandir's , do idol worship , and become pseudo-SIkhs . Sikhs in India are lost , and your fear that Sikhs are decreasing ,it is infact true , in the sense that 'True Sikhs' are decreasing.Otherwise if you consider all versions of SIkhs (sehajdhari,amritdhar,monay and those now associated with cult Deras , some Hindu-SIkh families are there in Punjab) , the population of Sikhs is on rise surely. But the problem is that when Sikhism will need its warriors to come forward , the majority of these Sikhs won't even care .

Just on a lighter note:

I saw numerous videos on Youtube , monay-Sikhs celebrating Baisakhi with the Khalsa Flags in Hand and drinks in other , and there was one video , in which the Khalsa necklace is used by some so called SIkh rappers , like they are some gangster and all....thats just purely sad. And then I have seen youth shouting that 'We need Khalistan' when they have no idea that Khalistan means 'the primary land of the Khalsa' , and Khalsa means the 5 K's , and none of the youth's have any of the 5K's except the Kara maybe.

As per my knowledge , 80& of rural Punjab Sikhs are cut-surds ... :6 ... and they work their @!$!! out to reach UK/Canada !! <_< , when they reach UK/Canada , they think its so cool to be with your punjabi-bharawaas and they act all cool , in the process the Sikhism is lost.

So Yes , True Sikhism is on the decrease.

is there then no chance for us and what can we possibly do if we are. i for one feel that alot of sikh principles are slowly being ignored. for example when i was younger everyone no matter who had to cover their head in darbar sahib but nowadays i see alot of young kids with uncovered hair and their parents dont bother just because they are young.

go to new mexico and see the white sikhs, who said we are dying. If sikhs could survive when we were just couple of thousands then how can we not survive with a population of 26 million.

but is it not true that alot of the time converts take their faith more seriously because they wouldnt have converted if they didnt take it seriously.

Sikhi is increasing.

Baba Attar Singh ji Mastuana wale once said that sikhs willl be finished in punjab and will one day come back to the punjab from the west. I've heard that Guru Nanak Dev ji has also said this. What is happeneing is God's play at work, the bachan of the Guru must be fulfilled and this is what is happening.

Sikhs in the west (from what i've seen in canada), i'm talking about gursikhs with sharda, are increasing. Overall, the community of people from a sikh background are falling away from sikhi. so we basically have 2 trends moving in opposite directions, with the true sikhs increasing in number, and the majority community of lackluster ''sikhs'' falling away from sikhi into laxity.