Rakhri Selling Shops In Southall?

Guest Guest

Guest shastr
Just because rakhriya don't have a place in Sikhism DOESN'T mean it's all meaningless.

um...if they dont have a place in sikhism, then that would mean for guru ke sikh, they would be meaningless...no? isnt that kind of obvious?

example: the jeneau has no meaning is sikhism, hence its totally meaning for guru ke sikh, but if u look at hinduism, it does have meaning...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Unbelievable!!. When I start this topic I though 1 or 2 reply on information on shops. But here whole lot of debate starts on celebration!.I am sikh & was not aware that this issue is so serious. Did Akal Takht give any directions on celebrations on rakhri,. Should we stop? Sangat please share information if any such directicves are issued.

Anyway I went to Havelock road Gurudwara ( singh sabha) this weekend in southall. Rakri was being sold by sikh family right across the road in a shop. It was nice change to see so many desis all around.

Guest low_profile_id
maybe u should read the story of bebe nanki tying rakhri.

Can you please direct me to the Puratan Granth/Rehitnama's that narrate the story of Bebe Nanaki Jee tying a rakhri to Guroo Nanak Dev Jee ?

Yes!! londonjatt tell us where to read this story from. Give a credible source...Please!!!!

maybe u should read the story of bebe nanki tying rakhri.

Can you please direct me to the Puratan Granth/Rehitnama's that narrate the story of Bebe Nanaki Jee tying a rakhri to Guroo Nanak Dev Jee ?

This story or "fairy tale" came into existence after an artist painted a picture which was argued to be encouraged by the RSS.

Paste from another thread,

guru Nanak dev ji who had the nerve to upset the whole Brahmin establishment by refusing to wear a Janeoo, the scared hindu thread, would seem pretty hypocritical by wearing a string on his wrist signifying his love for his sister and his commitment to her as a brother.

guru sahib's commitment to God could not be represented by teh janeoo, but his comitment to his sister was represented by a thread around his wrist?

i think common sense is in order here.

As for a sikh family selling Rakhri outside a gurudwara, does not mean it as any meaning. Every Gurudwara preety much as a pub next to it usually owned by an apna, so it doesnt mean anything.

Part 1

http://www.panthic.org/news/133/ARTICLE/1706/2005-08-28.html

Part 2

http://www.panthic.org/news/133/ARTICLE/1724/2005-09-04.html

I think it's hilarious how some of the religious wingnuts will even use a simple inquiry like rakhri to fan their own egoes since they're 'above' such practices and then get on their anti-gurmat soapbox to impress everyone on how 'enlightened' they are and use it as an opportunity to lecture others, fyi to all of you, you're not Gurus, so stop acting like it.

calm down everyone!!!!

its JUST A colourful thread :p ........ wats the point??

we're arguing over sillyyyy minor stuff........ dont wear it, dont buy it, end of : )... if u still wana buy it, then carry on! but i dont see the point!

how hard can it be? lol

I think it's hilarious how some of the religious wingnuts will even use a simple inquiry like rakhri to fan their own egoes since they're 'above' such practices and then get on their anti-gurmat soapbox to impress everyone on how 'enlightened' they are and use it as an opportunity to lecture others, fyi to all of you, you're not Gurus, so stop acting like it.

yup...lets stop questioning anything all together and believe in everything....blind faith all the way!!!