Rakhri Selling Shops In Southall?

Guest Guest

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
rakhri has nothing to do with neo-sikh"ism"!!!!!!

kinda funny how some people claim that Sikhi is not limited to a religion and that Sikhi is very personal, irregardless what path you follow....yet when someone with a differing opinion states their mind then they're automatically 'neo-sikh-ism' follower...

They have the nerve to call anyone with a differeing opionion an 'extremist' but love to claim to be followers of dharma that accept all paths...yeh right!!!

rakhri is against neo-sikh"ism" is all i said, i did NOT say someone has a differing opinion therefore they are followign neo-sikh"ism".

i was making a point, albeit a bit sarcastically as i do sometimes lol

london'jatt'

your name says it all..

Guest Guest
Save your self some money, go to B & Q any by a ball of string, because that’s all rakhri is a piece of string which serves no purpose, is meaningless, foolish, superstitious and anti-gurmat.

Better still just rip some thread of some old clothes.

SIKHO, KUCH TAA SIKHO! That statement right there tells everyone that you have no intelligence whatsoever. Rakhriya have a great long story behind them. Go and read it up and then tell me if it has a meaning or not.

Completely meaningless.

Regarding Raksha Bandhan : We believe that our protector is Akal Purakh and no mortal can protect us. For us rather than tying a ?dori? on a mortal seeking protection we have handed our ?dori? in the hands of Akal Purakh when we recite ? Prabh dori haath tumhaare.

-

Sikhs celebrate rakhsha bandhan ever day because they protect the weak 24 hours.

1) Raksha bandhan means the "string of protection." Do your friends know the story of Guru Nanak and the jeneau? Didn't Guru Nanak dispel the custom of tying this sacred hindu brahmin thread? Didn't he say that I should wear the string that doesn't break - the string of compassion, of love and of faith? Rakhri, or raakhee, is the same temporary string which is a ritual and means nothing.

2) Why do women tie it on men? In Sikhi, men and women are COMPLETE equals. Mata Bhag Kaur was stronger of spirit than the 40 Muktay... SHE LED THEM TO BATTLE. Why then, is a women thought to be weaker? This is incorrect mentality. Women and men are equal, and therefore nobody needs to tie special strings and anybody else for protection.

3) By tying a string on somebody, and getting money, and giving sweets, does that really prove your love, compassion and the strength of your relationship with a person? Absolutely not. This is all a material game, and Sikhs don't play that way.

4) Why do only sisters tie it on brothers? Is it not the duty of a mother to protect her son? Is it not the duty of an elder sister to protect her younger brother? Is it not the duty of a father to protect his daughter? Relationships do not mean much if they are built on KACHE DHAAGE (weak strings). A Sikh will protect anybody - anybody that needs help... even if it is a stranger on the street. In fact, there is no stranger for a Sikh. The philosohpy for Sikhs is - NO ENEMIES, NO STRANGERS. Therefore, Sikhs protect everybody, and there is no need for rakhree.

5) The ultimate proof that Rakhsa Bandhan is not necessary and Sikhs should not believe in it:

Rakhe Rakhanaar Aap Ubaarian, Gur kee pairee paa-ay, kaaj savaarian. (Sri Guru Granth Sahib)

Rakhri is about as real as the boogeyman.

rakhri has nothing to do with neo-sikh"ism"!!!!!!

kinda funny how some people claim that Sikhi is not limited to a religion and that Sikhi is very personal, irregardless what path you follow....yet when someone with a differing opinion states their mind then they're automatically 'neo-sikh-ism' follower...

They have the nerve to call anyone with a differeing opionion an 'extremist' but love to claim to be followers of dharma that accept all paths...yeh right!!!

rakhri is against neo-sikh"ism" is all i said, i did NOT say someone has a differing opinion therefore they are followign neo-sikh"ism".

i was making a point, albeit a bit sarcastically as i do sometimes lol

london'jatt'

your name says it all..

yes it does, my name is completely against neo-sikh"ism" ;)

lol we have this topic every year :p

anyway Guroo Maharaj da hukam is stay distinct from brahmin practices

= no rakhri.

:rolleyes:

Completely meaningless.

Regarding Raksha Bandhan : We believe that our protector is Akal Purakh and no mortal can protect us. For us rather than tying a ?dori? on a mortal seeking protection we have handed our ?dori? in the hands of Akal Purakh when we recite ? Prabh dori haath tumhaare.

-

Sikhs celebrate rakhsha bandhan ever day because they protect the weak 24 hours.

1) Raksha bandhan means the "string of protection." Do your friends know the story of Guru Nanak and the jeneau? Didn't Guru Nanak dispel the custom of tying this sacred hindu brahmin thread? Didn't he say that I should wear the string that doesn't break - the string of compassion, of love and of faith? Rakhri, or raakhee, is the same temporary string which is a ritual and means nothing.

2) Why do women tie it on men? In Sikhi, men and women are COMPLETE equals. Mata Bhag Kaur was stronger of spirit than the 40 Muktay... SHE LED THEM TO BATTLE. Why then, is a women thought to be weaker? This is incorrect mentality. Women and men are equal, and therefore nobody needs to tie special strings and anybody else for protection.

3) By tying a string on somebody, and getting money, and giving sweets, does that really prove your love, compassion and the strength of your relationship with a person? Absolutely not. This is all a material game, and Sikhs don't play that way.

4) Why do only sisters tie it on brothers? Is it not the duty of a mother to protect her son? Is it not the duty of an elder sister to protect her younger brother? Is it not the duty of a father to protect his daughter? Relationships do not mean much if they are built on KACHE DHAAGE (weak strings). A Sikh will protect anybody - anybody that needs help... even if it is a stranger on the street. In fact, there is no stranger for a Sikh. The philosohpy for Sikhs is - NO ENEMIES, NO STRANGERS. Therefore, Sikhs protect everybody, and there is no need for rakhree.

5) The ultimate proof that Rakhsa Bandhan is not necessary and Sikhs should not believe in it:

Rakhe Rakhanaar Aap Ubaarian, Gur kee pairee paa-ay, kaaj savaarian. (Sri Guru Granth Sahib)

Rakhri is about as real as the boogeyman.

maybe u should read the story of bebe nanki tying rakhri.

I guess brother and sister love is unimportant, and a rakhri string is some BIG sin?

Guest shastr

right because kara is part of khalsa saroop. and khalsa is here for entire mankind, not just for brothers or sisters, not just for brotherly love or sisterly love. cuz maharaj says "gursikhaan ek piyaar, gurmitaan puttaan bhaiaan"