Clarifications On Dasam Granth

Inder Singh

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Veer,

I was just searching this forum and read a post of yours where u mentioned that in USA, u have 2 birs of Sri Dasam Granth, the hazuri bir and the bir patna compiled in 1697,1698. Can u tell something about the contents of these birs and are they different from the present verion of Sri Dasam Granth we have ? Do these birs contain Charitro-pakhyan as charitro-pakhyan was also available as a separate granth.

Dear Veer,

I was just searching this forum and read a post of yours where u mentioned that in USA, u have 2 birs of Sri Dasam Granth, the hazuri bir and the bir patna compiled in 1697,1698. Can u tell something about the contents of these birs and are they different from the present verion of Sri Dasam Granth we have ? Do these birs contain Charitro-pakhyan as charitro-pakhyan was also available as a separate granth.

They contain Chariropakhayan.I can verify the contents of chariropakhayan when i visit that firend of mine.They have some pages with guru gobind singh's hand writing called khas patras.They have signature of guru gobind singh ji and name of scribes.They ahve corrections made by Guru sahib with his hand.

They do not have zafarnama as it was written afterwards.If you make a list of questions and post here i will get the answers about those two birs when i visit my friend.

Dear Veer,

They contain Chariropakhayan.I can verify the contents of chariropakhayan when i visit that firend of mine.They have some pages with guru gobind singh's hand writing called khas patras.They have signature of guru gobind singh ji and name of scribes.They ahve corrections made by Guru sahib with his hand.

They do not have zafarnama as it was written afterwards.If you make a list of questions and post here i will get the answers about those two birs when i visit my friend.

Pyar veer,

thanks a lot. This is one of the most important information I have ever got. This means that a complete granth was prepared and compiled by Dashmesh Pita before 1699.

This just means that Dasam Granth was written for the Khalsa.

Dear Veer,

Pyar veer,

thanks a lot. This is one of the most important information I have ever got. This means that a complete granth was prepared and compiled by Dashmesh Pita before 1699.

This just means that Dasam Granth was written for the Khalsa.

Absolutely correct.There is no doubt in this.If you raed invocation or manglacharan of each composition it is very clear that Guru ji wrote that.

The problem with nindaks is that they have not read it.The second problem is that this granth is written in Braj bhasha,punjabi and persian.Now a person like kala afghana does not know these languages .How can he interpret this granth.Same is with Darshan singh ragi.He knows only punjabi.Only Vaar sri Bhagauti ji ki is in Punjabi.

If you listen to Simranjit singh mann's speech in parliament he is putting forward a very forceful point that Center should set up a chair in Braj bhasha study in Punjabi university patiala so that sikhs can know that language and interpret dasam granth.

Guest shastr

i have a question.

there is an online site called sridasam.org. and if you look at that, then it shows sri dasam granth sahib having 2326 angs.

then there is another site called searchgurbani.com, that shows sri dasam granth sahib having 1478 angs.

and then we have the sehaj paath done by bhai onkar singh ji (damdami taksal) that can be found on many sites, the one i use: gurbaniupdesh.com. the sehaj paath bhai sahib has done is from the bir that has 1428 angs.

we have 3 different birs? cuz ive heard that the one bhai sahib has done the paath from, the one with 1428 angs is the offical standardized bir.

i think the one on searchgurbani.com that has 1478 angs does not have charitropakiyan.

but the bir that bhai sahib did paath of, has charitropakiyan, but is only 1428.

and the bir that is on sridasam.org is just 1 huge bir, with 2326 angs. and the page numbers dont match with the bir bhai sahib has done sehaj paath from. like banis are on differnt angs if you compare the two birs.

so i just wanted to know wats going on with all these different birs, and which one is the offical sir dasam granth sahib.

So is that story about it being compiled into one granth after Sukha and Mehtab Singh beheaded Massa Ranghar false?

There are so many stories, one as above. Another saying Bhai Mani Singh compiled it and now this.

Is the original poster saying that there are two puratan birs of DG in the US? How did they get there?