You Can Tie Him Only With Love

Taken from a sakhi I heard in Nihang Sukha Singh Jee's katha on the occassion of Sahib Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Jee Maharaj Sachay Patshah's parkash utsav: http://www.sikhroots.net/video/Professiona...hka%20Singh.wmv

This was during the times of our 7th Guru, Sahib Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Jee Maharaj Sachay Patshah. A Sikh in Kabul, Afghanistan woke up and started doing simran at 3 AM. He focussed his mind at the feet of Sahib Sri Guru Har Rai Sahib Jee Maharaj Sachay Patshah, and recited "simro Sri Har Rai". Gurujee, who was in Punjab, so many miles away, sat down at 3 AM, and because the Sikh was doing simran with utmost love, it is said that Gurujee could not move His feet! The Sikh sat from 3 AM till 3 PM, and all these 12 hours Gurujee couldn't move His feet! After 12 hours, when the Sikh finally stopped, only then could Gurujee move. One Sikh asked Gurujee as to what was up, because Gurujee hadn't even eaten anything for 12 hours. Gurujee explained, that a Sikh in Kabul was so deeply engrossed in simran, and he was doing it with such a pure love that I couldn't even move. All I could think of was him.

Moral: No one and nothing can tie down God, but your pure, selfless and unconditional love can definitely do that! The question is, "DO YOU HAVE IT IN YOU" !!

Please make sure you listen to the video link posted above. Its 50 minutes long and worth every second. The sakhi of Bhai Joga Singh is even more mesmerizing!!

jau hm bWDy moh Pws hm pRym bDin qum bwDy ]

jo ham baa(n)dhhae moh faas ham praem badhhan thum baadhhae ||

If I am bound by the noose of emotional attachment, then I shall bind You, Lord, with the bonds of love.

Apny CUtn ko jqnu krhu hm CUty qum AwrwDy ]1]

apanae shhoottan ko jathan karahu ham shhoottae thum aaraadhhae ||1||

Go ahead and try to escape, Lord; I have escaped by worshipping and adoring You. ||1||

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2518