Indian Visas From Uk

Dr_c

Please can somebody shed some light on the new infamous Indian Visa process?

It would appear that now you have to apply from the site of VFS http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/index.aspx they seem to have a process where you can apply on line and then get an appointment and take your papers in and hand them over the counter etc. Or alternatively you can send them by post and for a additional very extortionate fee of £7.40 they will return them to you. I have heard a few horror stories about appointments and how you still have to wait hours despite them saying it’s a 15 minutes slot. Nothing changes after all does it?

However my question is this they claim that they have not changed there fees for tourist visas. Previously you could get a tourist visa for £90 for 5 years they still claim to have such a thing its listed as.

“More than 1 year tourist visa valid for a maximum stay of 180 days per visit 90£”

However I cannot find this on the application site the tourist visa section gives you 12 months max at 90£ or you can apply for a “long term visa” whatever that may be at 135£.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this system and the fees they are now charging? And how the system works. Once again I see our wonderful Indian government charging stupid fees for Visas and other services.