Abhinav Bindra, A Punjabi Wins First Gold Medal For India

Raju

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As already mentioned - he's not Amritdhari so the majority on here don't want to comment.

This forum is full of discrimination exactly what Guru Granth Sahib Jee is against.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib promotes becoming an Amritdhari. Sri Guru Granth Sahib promotes not to be spiritually lazy. Sri Guru Granth Sahib promotes being Kayshdhari.

People only but-heads when monas say you dont need to strive to be Amritdhari to be a Sikh of the Guru.

If he was Amritdhari means he won a gold medal while taking care of his hair/ by doing sadhana/ by living each moment as Gurus chela, and this is a big difference than some guy who is just like everyone else but won a gold medal but from India and his parents went to Harmandir Sahib. but being Amritdhari meant he would have spiritual and physical determination but without Amrit it was just a won gold medal. What is the purpose of life>?< to be spiritual or physical, so being a spiritual athelete has more signifigance, and thats why nobody is relating to him being Amritdhari and winning a gold.

People think of him more winning a gold for India, than him winning it for himself, being the best.

Congrats to ALL participants, gold,silver,bronze or none. Just picking out the winners is more against the teachings of Gurbani than not praising a nonAmritdhari.

:)

Congrats to ALL participants, gold,silver,bronze or none. Just picking out the winners is more against the teachings of Gurbani than not praising a nonAmritdhari.

:)

Now thats more like it :TH:

There are sakhiya in sri guru hargobind maharaj darbar, guru ji himself used to hold kausatiya events to see physical strength in khalsa.. and there were winners or people who lost.. winning and lost is part of a bigger life as well not just in sports...for eg- one who tasted atam ras has win baaji in the life as oppose to one who dwell in the maya fully.

There are sakhiya in sri guru hargobind maharaj darbar, guru ji himself used to hold kausatiya events to see physical strength in khalsa.. and there were winners or people who lost.. winning and lost is part of a bigger life as well not just in sports.
OK, and............ :)

There are sakhiya in sri guru hargobind maharaj darbar, guru ji himself used to hold kausatiya events to see physical strength in khalsa.. and there were winners or people who lost.. winning and lost is part of a bigger life as well not just in sports.
OK, and............ :)

...if there was no winners or loosers general speaking not just in sports but everything, how do you expect people to have encouragement, improve or strive for more?

hahahahaahah CHAW

I was defending a baseless statement about Sikhs only will respond by an Amritdhari Sikh because supposedly nonAmritdhari Sikhs are considered "_______"................. when an Amritdhari would just be recongnised as an Amritdhari.

no winners or losers statement seems way off topic :)

so this news means jack to sangat ?

jesus christ .. first time a Sikh wins a gold medal at olympics but it doesn't bother sangat at all.

They simply don't care veer but if any case abhinav bhindra was amritdhari or had turban or beard..they be all over this news...this kind of segeration causing more division between punjabis and orthodox sikhs.

Now silence is also terrorism? "They are being quiet, what a bunch of fanatics!"

That was a completely unwarranted and unprovoked attack against all amritdhari sikhs and guruji's roop, why bro?

By your divisions, Guru Gobind Singh Ji would be orthodox then?

Bindra deserves praise for his efforts from all. He's obviously put much effort into his sport. But, I speak for myself... what am I mandated to celebrate as a sikh, his birth into a "sikh caste"?

so this news means jack to sangat ?

jesus christ .. first time a Sikh wins a gold medal at olympics but it doesn't bother sangat at all.

They simply don't care veer but if any case abhinav bhindra was amritdhari or had turban or beard..they be all over this news...this kind of segeration causing more division between punjabis and orthodox sikhs.

Now silence is also terrorism? "They are being quiet, what a bunch of fanatics!"

That was a completely unwarranted and unprovoked attack against all amritdhari sikhs and guruji's roop, why bro?

By your divisions, Guru Gobind Singh Ji would be orthodox then?

Bindra deserves praise for his efforts from all. He's obviously put much effort into his sport. But, I speak for myself... what am I mandated to celebrate as a sikh, his birth into a "sikh caste"?

you jumping the bandwagon yourself mate and putting words like- terrorist, bunch of fanatics etc etc in my mouth and bringing sri guru gobind singh maharaj into this discussion.