Washing Ur Utensils Urself

I visited a family relative who is a retired army officer. He deeply values discipline and self-efficiency. They have a large joint family and everyone(other than the very old) have to wash their utensils themselves after eating food. He doesnt want to see any mess in the kitchen. He does not want his daughter-in-law to wash utensils for 2 hours in the night and miss her amritvela next morning. I was really amazed to see the discipline in their house. Everyone has to get up at amritvela and everyone has to sleep in time. Only simple food like dal roti is made and everyone washes their own utensils. I feel its a lesson for all of us to do our work ourselves and not put burden on others.

I visited a family relative who is a retired army officer. He deeply values discipline and self-efficiency. They have a large joint family and everyone(other than the very old) have to wash their utensils themselves after eating food. He doesnt want to see any mess in the kitchen. He does not want his daughter-in-law to wash utensils for 2 hours in the night and miss her amritvela next morning. I was really amazed to see the discipline in their house. Everyone has to get up at amritvela and everyone has to sleep in time. Only simple food like dal roti is made and everyone washes their own utensils. I feel its a lesson for all of us to do our work ourselves and not put burden on others.

sat sri akal

great. i need to learn from this, and start being in service instead asking for service for myself.

seva starts from home, before we even go to gurudwara, we should practice seva at home, by helping cooking, washing utensiles, cleaning the house and so on. this way we are seeing family as sangat too, not just the people at gurudwara