Did You Know That...

guptveer1469

(post your facts too, and amaze us)

* The first Gurdwara ever was in Eminabad (back then Gurdwara was known as Dharamshala)

* Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale had a daily nitnem of 21 hours when they farmed. Even while farming they kept reciting the name of Waheguru. They only slept 1 hour a day back then.

* Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale memorised the following Bani’s, Dakhani Oankar in 1 day, Sukhmani Sahib in 13 days, and Sidh Gosht in 1 day and Asa Di Vaar in 8 hours.

* That a Christian Missionary of Rome met Guru Har Rai Ji. The missionary was very impressed and said this faith was best and most logical in whole Indian sub-continent (as he had visited whole India, starting from south to north)

* A Portuguese missionary witnessed the shaheedi of Sahib Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj (

).

* Aurangzeb sent a spy Abu Al Turani who was witness to the Vasakhi of 1699 and wrote that...

The Guru, with one stroke if his sword, beheaded the sikh in front of all the stunned 'sangat', and again asked for another 'head'. Another person who came on the stage was similarly beheaded. The Guru made the eerie call again and simultaneously three devout sikhs came on the stage and met the same fate under the merciless sword of the Guru. The stage was a ghastly sight with the torsos and heads of the five drenched in pools of blood. All the trace of blood diminished after the Guru cleaned it with water. The Guru then medically joined each head on a different body and thereafter covered them with white sheets.

http://www.<banned site filter activated>/research/Cr...sa/Creation.htm

Later, Abu Al Turani took Amrit and became Ajmer Singh

Mehtab, veerji, not to discount your post, but the site you got it from, http://www.<banned site filter activated> is a naamdhari site that says a LOT of really disrespectful things about other Sikhs, about our Gurus, and about respected Gursikhs.

i try to refrain from quoting them myself, as i don't know what's true and what they just made up.

sorry for the distraction.

Mehtab, veerji, not to discount your post, but the site you got it from, http://www.<banned site filter activated> is a naamdhari site
Actually I heard that a while ago, but I thought it was sikh-history that was namdhari :umm: , and so I quoted sikh heritage. My bad :6 . Thanks for the heads up :TH: .

the five extra "gurus" kind of gave it away for me. :D

http://www.<banned site filter activated>/gurus/GuruPg2.htm

I think they just host a number of articles from different groups so people doing research can gather information. The 5 extras are clarly labelled "Namdhri Gurus", not Sikh Gurus.

The article quoted by Mehtab Singh is true and verifiable with court records from Aurangzeb's era.

I think they just host a number of articles from different groups so people doing research can gather information. The 5 extras are clarly labelled "Namdhri Gurus", not Sikh Gurus.

The article quoted by Mehtab Singh is true and verifiable with court records from Aurangzeb's era.

yes, i agree that the article quoted is well documented.

i was simply saying that i do not agree with much of the "information" on their site, or their treatment of the sikh gurus, gursikhs, jathas, etc.

we have a lot of sources available to us. we should use those we trust most. :)