Ardaas in Gurdwara....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

In bhai Rama Singh Ji's book, theres a chapter called 'People treat Ram like a toy' this is about how one lady gave like £1 or sumthing and they want ardas done for alll of her family and all of there problems, and the list was really long ive frogotten the rest :@

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

In my humble opinion with regards to ardas - you should do ardas for yourself from your heart. We do not believe in the Brahmin system that you have to go to a Brahmin and the Brahmin will pray to God for you. You can pray to God directly. That is our belief. And in fact you should pray to God directly from your heart, and don't ask other people to do it for you. What other people do for you might help, but what you do for yourself with your full heart will help a lot, and will help for sure. B)

I think that the only ardas a granthee Singh/Kaur should do is whatever program happened that day and so that means that nobody can have an ardas done by giving money. Money doesn't mean anything to Guru jee as Guru jee is sarb-kalaa-bharpoor. Guru jee is shaahe-shaahen-shaah, and Guru jee doesn't need your money. What about those people who can't afford to pay for an expensive ardaas? Do you think God won't listen to them? It's absolutely against Sikhi to think like this. GOBIND BHAAO BHAGAT KAA BHUKHAA... God is hungry for the LOVE of devotees. grin.gif

A long time ago, I can't remember if it was on Mata Bhag Kaur Jagrati Dal or if it was on tapoban.org, Bibi Para

s Kaur posted a message about the biography of Sant Baba Attar Singh Jee Mastuana Valay. In this biography, Baba jee says that when you do ardas, all of the Guru Sahibaan are there and they are standing on the tip of their toe. Ball of their foot, tip of their toe - I don't know what the real story is. To be honest, everybody sees God differently and those brahmgyanis who saw Guru jee standing while they did ardas might have seen it differently too. AAP APNEE BUDH HAI JAYTHEE. rolleyes.gif

The point of the sakhi is that you should do ardaas with your complete heart and whatever you put in the ardaas should be important. Don't waste your time when you do ardaas, because it should be an honest sincere effort of thanking the Guru, getting blessings and forgiveness from the Guru, and asking for charan dhooR and naam daan. ^_^

About the akhand paat bhog - no bhainjee, this is actually maryada. It is maryada that you are supposed to read the first five pauris of jap ji sahib to re-commence the sehaj paath after somebody's akhand paat bhog. This is not against maryada. This is the typical practice in many different sampardhas and jathas. This is not a shortcut. blush.gif

About "prem patola" - in my humble opinion this is the wrong interpretation and you do not have to sing this shabad when somebody gives rumala to Guru Granth Sahib jee. The shabad is "prem patola thai sai ditha takkan koo path mayree." If you carefully read the shabad and do vichaar of it, you will understand that the perso

n who is talking is a GURSIKH and he is talking about THE BLANKET OF LOVE FROM THE GURU. This means the Gursikh is saying that THE GURU GAVE ME A "PREM PATOLA" in order to cover up my impurities, in order to keep my HONOUR. If we use this shabad for Guru Granth Sahib jee we are being very wrong and disrespectful. We are saying that the Gursikh is putting a rumaallaa on Guru jee, to protect Guru jee's honour. That's the opposite of the shabad. We cannot give Guru jee this blanket, this blanket comes from Guru jee. Even when we give rumaalaa donation to Guru jee - it's already Guru jees, so what are we giving? thayraa thuj ko saumpdhoo kyaa laagay mayraa?

The real blanket of love comes from Guru jee and you can sing this when you take amrit and Guru jee gives you the five K's. :@

I am sincerely sorry for any mistakes against gurmat in this post - please Saadh Sangat forgive me and may Guru jee bless you all with naam and chardee kalaa.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

agreed wit saadhraayn kaur penji. i dnt lik wen in ur local gurdwara sahib, granthi singh has a long list of donatees 2 be read in ardas.v cant concentrate on ardas properly.

tis is wat hapened in ur local gurdwara sahib.tis is reality.few months bck, a singh who is regular 2 gurdwara sahib donated Rs. 101. by mistake, granth jee didi ardas for Rs. 100 n tat guy aftr ardas wacko.gifwacko.gif start fighting wit granth jee. n finaly granthi jee has 2 do ardas again.

problem is sangat thinks granthi jee as more closer 2 guru jee. but som people thinks tat ardas il only be listened in guru's dargah wen granthi jee il do. :@

do ardas by urself. guru jee il listen 2 u

for beter understanding of wat ardas is n how 2 do it, plz read ardas shakti .

i'll get back to this topic, can't think straight right now...ppl do ardaas in gurdwara cuz they need hukam from SGGS ji cuz they don't have SGGS ji at home...so they go to gurdwara.

like when ppl get married and bhai says if you ever have problem with your marriage come to gurdwara and do ardaas...

will get back to you all cuz a <admin-profanity filter activated> is dissing me... wacko.gif:@ @

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

That is OK... but having the gianijee stand there... thank you Parkesh Singh for $10, Allu Singh $35, .... Arkjeet Singh $55, and Anu Singh for parshad seva for opening up their new shop (insert catchy commercial here),....

That is kinda ridiculous.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Being a Granthi's son i know exactly how you feel and how Giyani ji's feel. Let me first say that majority of the money from the Ardas done for people in the main "ARDAS" goes to the Gurdwara.

Its really sad that poeple just want to be named among relatives and friends/ community that they have given such and such amount to the gurdwara. Gurdwara commetee allows this practises because it brings money to the Gurdwara.

The Vaisakhi Ardas lasts over 45 mints because so many ppl (100+) want their name read in the Ardas. Then its the same people who say that this should be done as Ardas becomes too long

I have endless arguements with my dad. I play tabla in the Gurdwara as i am the only one who can play. I once told my dad and the Gurdwara commetee that if they dont stop reading massive lists of peolpe's ardas in the Main Ardas i am going to stop playing tabla. :@ It worked once but things have gone back to the old system. Coming Vaisakhi i am gonna try to do it again. :nihungsmile: