Being A Granthi Singh!

xHarinder_singh

The first ever Granthi Singh in the history of Sikh Panth were Baba Budha Singh Jee. Guru Arjan Dev Jee Maharaaj chose one of his best sikhs to this privelaged seva of being a Granthi.

But these days in Punjab, "granthi" has become a type of gaalll. Some time back I went to my native village and met a middle aged person there, he told me that "you people in the city work and study so hard to reach west, I am going to make one of my son a granthi and other one a kirtanniyaa and I have some links with Gurdwaras in Canada and they are going to reach Canada more quickly than u engineers and doctors", then he laughed shamelessly.

Punjabis have absolutely ruined the pavittar jobs of granthi and kirtanniya into a money making or west-reaching dhandaas. These people are no better than the masands that Dashmesh Pita burnt.

I am going to make one of my son a granthi and other one a kirtanniyaa and I have some links with Gurdwaras in Canada and they are going to reach Canada more quickly than u engineers and doctors
You should have said "Babaji dhiyaan rakheyo, Punjab de halaat tussi vekhey ne. Jeenu Granthi banauna oh kitay monna na ho jaaye, te jeenu kirtaniya banauna oh druggie. Asi taan fer vi degreeyaan laike pahunch jaawange, par tusi ki karogey". Fer boothee vekhni si Baabbey di!