Best Place To Give Daswandh!

xHarinder_singh

There is so much corruption is Gurdwara committes, I just dont feel like giving my daswandh there. I want to give my daswandh at a place where it can actually benefit a fellow sikh brother. Any advice ?

Maybe I can get made some excellent shastars made in India(from ratowal or nihung baldev singh jee) and bhetaa it to the NRI veers who are unable to come to India frequently.

There is so much corruption is Gurdwara committes, I just dont feel like giving my daswandh there. I want to give my daswandh at a place where it can actually benefit a fellow sikh brother. Any advice ?

Maybe I can get made some excellent shastars made in India(from ratowal or nihung baldev singh jee) and bhetaa it to the NRI veers who are unable to come to India frequently.

nishkam does incredible work with the "forgotten" sikhs (so-called low caste sikhs), as well as with '84 widows. i'm a great fan of theirs. www.nishkam.org

i'm also a huge fan (and volunteer/member) of united sikhs, who are currently doing incredible work with flood victims in punjab and the southeast US. they've done a lot of incredible disaster relief work. they provide legal assistance to sikhs for discrimination cases (turban, kirpan, anything). they teach english in poor villiages. they have a HUGE right to turban campaign going in france. basically they're incredibly diverse and operate with nonprofit status in every country with a large sikh population. right now they desperately need money and supplies for current flood relief projects in punjab.

www.unitedsikhs.org

also remember that your dasvandh doesn't have to go to Sikhs only, it can go to anyone in need. it doesn't have to be in the form of cash, it can be in time as well. working at your local homeless shelter or food bank is a great way to share Guru ji's institution of langar with the general public.

anyway, just some suggestions. :) shastars distribution sounds good too. :gatka-singhni:

nishkam does incredible work with the "forgotten" sikhs (so-called low caste sikhs), as well as with '84 widows. i'm a great fan of theirs. www.nishkam.org

i'm also a huge fan (and volunteer/member) of united sikhs, who are currently doing incredible work with flood victims in punjab and the southeast US. they've done a lot of incredible disaster relief work. they provide legal assistance to sikhs for discrimination cases (turban, kirpan, anything). they teach english in poor villiages. they have a HUGE right to turban campaign going in france. basically they're incredibly diverse and operate with nonprofit status in every country with a large sikh population. right now they desperately need money and supplies for current flood relief projects in punjab.

www.unitedsikhs.org

also remember that your dasvandh doesn't have to go to Sikhs only, it can go to anyone in need. it doesn't have to be in the form of cash, it can be in time as well. working at your local homeless shelter or food bank is a great way to share Guru ji's institution of langar with the general public.

anyway, just some suggestions. :) shastars distribution sounds good too. :gatka-singhni:

Dear Sister jeeo, thanks a lot for such valuable information. United Sikhs is truly doing some very good seva. U must be knowing Mr. Hardyal Singh Jee, he is a very charrdikala and humble sikh and knows my father very well. God bless him!

I have great love for shastars and wish every sikh shud have zabardast sarblohi sri sahib. I wish to do the seva of doing bhetta of such zabardast sri sahibs to fellow sikhs.

I have great love for shastars and wish every sikh shud have zabardast sarblohi sri sahib. I wish to do the seva of doing bhetta of such zabardast sri sahibs to fellow sikhs.

i agree. :) this is one reason i suggested nishkam... they have a special project of constructing homes and schools for "sikligar" Sikhs, an impoverished group of "low caste" sikhs who have been the weapons makers of the Khalsa from the time of Guru Gobind Singh ji. spread throughout india, they have managed to keep incredible rehet (you never see them with cut hair, daroo, etc). helping to uplift these people links us to our history, our Guru, and even give us insight into our own sikhi. :)

anyway, just thought i'd share. :)

good luck on your venture!