The Golden Temple - The Golden Shame

SaRpAnCh

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the complex is to commrecial now personally I believe every building around the complex including roads leading up to the complex need to be demolished and replaced with a massive park , eg: Picture hyde park with the Golden Temple Complex in the middle with small path ways leading up to the complex.At the moment its a mess the road leads right up to the gate shops oppsosite - too commrecial not to mention pollution damage ,lets hope some sort of park green space is made around the complex and I hope the shops and roads vanish

I think the complex is to commrecial now personally I believe every building around the complex including roads leading up to the complex need to be demolished and replaced with a massive park , eg: Picture hyde park with the Golden Temple Complex in the middle with small path ways leading up to the complex.At the moment its a mess the road leads right up to the gate shops oppsosite - too commrecial not to mention pollution damage ,lets hope some sort of park green space is made around the complex and I hope the shops and roads vanish

No need to worry. Before the formation of Khalsa Raaj in Punjab, lots of destruction will happen and all this crap around Sri Harmandir Sahib will be blown away. Its pretty near, we will see it in our lifetimes if we survive the next few years.

Whole of Sri Amritsar Sahib will be like one 1 Big Gurdwara, 1 big spiritual Village, it will be like Sachkhand.

Not sure about the ending to the video about not going or if you are don't take your kids or anyone else :S

But yes, I think I agree it what you are saying generally in terms of repair and attitude. Just not to keen on the way you have presented it... how could Harmandar Sahib ever be the Golden Shame?

great idea. that's exactly what congress did when they "fixed up" harimandir sahib after bluestar. they demolished the shops of hundreds of hard working Sikh merchants, forcing them to move to areas where there was less foot traffic, and less business. my father in law was one of these Sikhs who were forced to move. Congress said they'd pay for the shops, but it took more than 20 years for him to get any reparation money from the gov't, and they paid according to '80's land values. they were lucky, back then it was still possible to purchase shop space for a reasonable amount of money (though not in amritsar proper). though a lot of hard work over the years, the space where they moved to has flourished. but today, it's simply not possible for small business owners to relocate anywhere in or near amritsar. land prices there incredibly inflated.

so sure, create a nice green park and destroy hundreds or thousands of sikh families in the process. all so it "looks pretty".

there's already a garden around it, why not beautify that existing area, rather than smashing the shops that feed so many families?

No need to worry. Before the formation of Khalsa Raaj in Punjab, lots of destruction will happen and all this crap around Sri Harmandir Sahib will be blown away. Its pretty near, we will see it in our lifetimes if we survive the next few years.

Whole of Sri Amritsar Sahib will be like one 1 Big Gurdwara, 1 big spiritual Village, it will be like Sachkhand.

i suppose in this golden age no one will need to eat or work or feed their families? to which location will you relocate everyone who's shops and homes you destroy?