Difference Between Gurmantar/moolmantar/naam Simran

KHALSA81

moolmantar is "ek ongkaar satnam karta purk nirbouh nirvair akaal moorat ajooni saebang gurparsad jap, aad sach jugaad sach hai bhee sach nanak hosi bhee sach"

gurmantar is "waheguru"

and mixing em up is like "ek ongkaar waheguru satnam waheguru karta purk waheguru nirbouh waheguru nirvair waheguru akaal moorat waheguru ajooni saebang waheguru gurparsad waheguru jap waheguru, aad sach waheguru jugaad sach waheguru hai bhee sach waheguru nanak hosi bhee sach waheguru"

heres a link to some kathas done by giani takhur singh ji. for mool mantar, just listen to the first few parts of katha sri guru granth sahib ji, and for gurmantar, there is a seperate folder. both folders are on same page:

http://gurbaniupdesh.com/multimedia/listin...Patiala+Wale%29

gurfateh ji!

let me start by sayin,

gurmantar is waheguru.

mool mantar is up to GURPRASAAD. and people liike all the gianis say wen it says jap, this is the start of the japji sahib.

but look at this, the number system of the japji sahib. naanak hosi bhi sach has a 1. and then the soche sorch has also a 1 at the end of its pauri.

so. this leads people to say IT IS GOOD if we do up to naanak hisi pi such.

if we do up to naanak hOsi pi such, this becomes MAHA-MANTER

this is the whole mool manter fiasco.

--------------------------------

up to gurprasaad, there is one bisraam. y? this is y..

after guru naanak dev ji came back from heaven, they couldnt talk. they had seen such amazing things, they were speachless! then when god let guru naanak dev ji talk, the mool mantar came. this is the mool of god.

thererfore mool mantar. (but god in effect has no mool!!! :) )

then, this is what i have heard, is that somone asked guru ji, what are we suposed to do with this mantar?... or sumin along those lines.

then guru naanak dev ji said jap the mool mantar. (which was naam in that time.)

and then guru naanak dev ji said aad such jugaad such, hai bi such naanak hisi pi such.

so both of these are ok to say. mool manter, and maha manter.

to be technnical (wich is never good!) mool mantar is up to gurprasaad. BUT it is GOOD to say it up to naanak hosi bi such.

THIS IS EACH OF THE 2 MANTARS.

NOW, BOTH OF THEM COMBINED, MAKES THE ALL WONDERFUL ALL POWERFUL NAAM.

we should be in a constant contemplation of god. this is when naam goes "unhud". inside you.

we must try and see god wen we are alive. this is why we have the mool mantar. describing what gru nanak dev ji saw with their own eyes/ aatma.

once we are "hi" on this, we start our naam. gurmantar. gurmantar has the power to unlock our brains, has the power to separate aatma from the body, has the power to unitet us with god.

and so does mool mantar.

some people find it hard to concentrate when doing gurmanter. so this is why therre is mool manter.

this is somthing that i have found out for myself. no one tells people these things. i urge you to try it and se for yourself..

BASIKLY PUT, MOOL MANTER IS TO BRING YOUR MIND ON GOD, AND GURMUNTAR IS THERE TO PRAIS GOD.

JUS LIKE GURU GRANTH SAHIB IS THERE TO SHOW US GOD AND DASAM GRANTH IS THERE TO HELLPUS DO VAH-VAH OF GOD.

THIS IS WHY ALL MUST GO TO GURU GRANTH SAHIHB FIRST. ALOT OF PEOPLE GO TO DASAM GRANTH STRAIT AWAY. AND THAT IS NOT RYT....

GURU JI IS INFINITE. BEYANT.

Technically and semantically according to Gurmat (and Alias is 100% correct) Mool Mantar is till GURPASAD. End off.

Other learned members of the Sangat may wish to end the Mool Mantar at whatever point they beleive is correct.

Personally, I will always promote Mool Mantar to the end of GURPASAD because that is the way I understand it !

Technically and semantically according to Gurmat (and Alias is 100% correct) Mool Mantar is till GURPASAD. End off.

Other learned members of the Sangat may wish to end the Mool Mantar at whatever point they beleive is correct.

Personally, I will always promote Mool Mantar to the end of GURPASAD because that is the way I understand it !

You say that Mool Mantar upto Gurprasad is according to Gurmat

One small point in the ongoing debate.

Giani Thakur Singh in Rehit Maryada Katha states that mool mantar is written upto 'Nanak Hosi Bhi Sach' on Shaheed Baba Deep Singh ji's personal chakar, stored at Akaal Takht Sahib.

Now if we go by your views then either Gyani ji is lying on tape, at the risk of his credibility or Baba Deep Singh Ji Bhramgyani Mahapurakh (who was very close to Guru Gobind Singh ji) must have misunderstood the Mool Mantar. Highly unlikely for both.

Personally speaking, people can believe what they want to, but shouldn't use "its according to Gurmat" line without backing up their claims.

Re the original question, Mool Mantar and Gurmantar is given by Panj Piyaare during amrit sanchaar and it is up to the praani (according to the guidance of the Panj) whether they want to emphasise on reciting one mantar or both.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

According to my understanding, gurmantar/beejmantarr and mool mantarr all all one and the same thing.

Regarding ik ounkaar ... gurprasad, it is definately some mantarr but I dont think its mool mantarr. In the same way, at the starting of Sri Akal Ustat, there are 4 lines, Akaal purakh ke racha hamnai......... Sarbloh je kee sada racha hammnai. I consider this is some mantarr too.

Japp is the name of the bani and aad sach..... nanak hosi bhi sach is the first salok of Sri Japji Sahib. Sri Jap Ji Sahib has 2 saloks and 38 stanzas.

Taken from http://damdamitaksaal.net/

Mool Mantar34 and the manifestation of Gurmantar in the initiates

In the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee, the Panj Pyare then make all the Singhs and Singhni’s stand and collectively repeat the Mool Mantar five times, investing all its spiritual powers into the initiates.

<> God is One, without opposition. He is the creator

siqnwmu True is His Name

krqw purKu The doer of all that is manifest

inrBau He is without fear

inrvYru He is without enmity

Akwl mUriq Timeless is His form

AjUnI Beyond Births and Deaths

sYBM Self-Existent

33 The Choola is only administered to prepare children to take Amrit in the future. Choola is not administered at the end of the Amrit Sanchar to Sangat from outside of the Amrit Sanchar, it is only given to children who are too young to take Amrit or to Amritdharees who have commited a minor discrepancy.

34 This is the root teaching of Sikhi and is the first utterance in Sri Japjee Sahib

gur pRswid ] Realised by the grace of the Guru

jpu ] Meditate on this Name

Awid scu True before the Ages

jugwid scu ] True at the start of the Ages

hY BI scu True now

nwnk hosI BI scu ]1] Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee says, He shall be true in the future.

In the same manner, Vaheguru (Gurmantar) is to be repeated five times and in the same way all its powers become invested in the individual, by repeating it in the presence of Guru Sahib. They are to utter the Gurfateh after this.

vwihgurU gurmMqR hY jpu haumY KoeI ]2]

"Vaheguru is Gurmantar by meditating upon which ego is erased."

(Bhai Gurdas Jee, //. 13)

http://damdamitaksaal.net/index.php?option...p;limitstart=12