New zeland lamb Halal

Guest rsingh

Guest rsingh

OK gus i now theres gone be alot of u saying u shouldnt be eating meat and alll that. i know your right but any way.

a story emerged in UK that all new zeland lamb is halal as they provide lots to arab countries etc therefore all is Halal. early this year mcdonalds in panjab admited it saying they werent aware sikhs where forbiden.

i belive we should at least e-mail, sumermarkets, fastfood, asking and informing about sikhs and the situation.

i said what i have to say. please dont start about if where alowed or not to consume meat.

thanks

guru fathe

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting turn of events: veer says DON'T make it a topic about eating meat or not... but what happens..????

i understand her viewpoint.. i, for one, believe that no one has the bloody right to overrule Akal Takht... Official rehit states that consumption is allowed, it's not really a debate in my eyes.. i don't eat meat, but either way, i'm not committing the kurehit that akal takht sets out for us.

no one has a right to over rule akal takht, you are right.

but does akal takht have the right to overrule guru sahib when he clearlyyyyyyy says "Maas Muchee Dae Nerae Nehi Avanaa"??

In a sense, yes, Akal Takht does have this right. Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji set up this institution of Akal Takht to headquarter all the affairs of Sikhs from then till now, and into the future. Issues about anything are to be resolved at Akal Takht, not just at anyone's house.

Akal Takht was given to us to give us that sense of governance, that there is a "governing body" of sorts, to foresee all our actions and all the issues that take place within the panth. That being said, i would have to say that, yes, given the power, Akal TAkht DOES have the right to overrule Guru SAhib, because it's Guru Sahib himself that set up the institution.

I'm not saying i condone the eating of meat, like i said, i don't eat meat myself. However, the issue is that Akal Takht does not say it is an issue until the topic of halal is put on display, at which point Halal meat should definitely not be consumed by Sikhs. Either way, i know that i'm not committing the kurehit by not eating meat, cuz i'm still not eatig halal... and that's why it's important that rsingh veer brought this point up, that there are those who strictly follow the Akal Takh

t rehit.. this doesn't make them any less Sikh than you or me or any average Jaswinder Singh... thus, careful attention has to be paid for those issues as well.

I'm just saying that th epoint is valid that if we are going to fight for some rights, we should fight for them all. If we can't achieve unity, at least achieve understanding and unconditional love for our brothers and sisters who do follow the Akal Takht rehit Maryada...

i hope i made sense Mkhalsa veer.. please do reply if i have made any errors

fateh

Well, as far as my limited knowledge goes, and i could be totally wrong on this, when the issue of rehit comes along, the SGPC and Akal Takht are intertwined. That is to say, it's one and the same. Whereas Akal Takht takes care of issues within the panth, SGPC (originally) was there to take care of gurdwara matters across India, but of course due to injustice against Sikhs, they were only able to gain control on the gurdwaray in Punjab.

but i could be totally wrong.