Final Details For 300th Gurgaddi Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

E M C G

quick question thats been wondering in dhass's mind since programme which yea with guru jiz kirpa was out of this world..

question id like to ask is how is parkash of Guru Mahraji done when Sarop sahib is so amazingly small.?

iv attached a photograph i took to make what am on about a little clear..

please post if you know the answer.

guru kirpa..

post-16560-1222715051_thumb.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Largest Sikh Gathering Outside of India to Celebrate 300 years of the Sikh Holy Scriptures

An estimated 50,000 people from all over the UK gathered in Prestwold Hall, Loughborough yesterday, to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji – Sikh holy scriptures. Organised by the East Midlands Council of Gurdwara’s, the day will now be known as having the largest gathering of Sikhs in one place outside of India. Free hot food (langar) was served to all attendees throughout the day which represents important tenants in the Sikh faith, these include, serving others, equality and sharing.

Amongst the highlights of the event were a 19th Century Sikh Cannon from the Army of Maharjah Ranjit Singh, as well as the world’s smallest Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji which is the size of a wrist watch. Crowds could also see Sikh martial arts demonstrations throughout the day.

Mr Sarbjeet Singh Landa a member of the East Midlands Council of Gurdwaras said, “I am overwhelmed at the response for this great event from all around the country which has exceeded all expectations. We even have attendees from Canada, Spain and India”.

Manroop Singh from Madrid who came especially to be at the event commented, “this is a once in a lifetime event,' he went on to say “the crowds were just so vast and colourful. Even though I had to wait over 30 minutes in a queue several hundred meters long to pay homage to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, it didn’t matter. It was worth it and I enjoyed soaking in the atmosphere. I will never forget this day!'”

The event was also formally acknowledged by Her Majesty the Queen who sent her “warm, good wishes to all concerned for a most memorable and successful day”

This will not be the last we hear of this day for its legacy will live on, not only in the hearts and minds of the people of all backgrounds who attended but also in the newly formed National Sikh Heritage and Holocaust Museum based in Derby. This is another first of its kind in Europe.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Sahib Singh,

Gyani Pinderpal Singh did get his Visa to come to England. His passport was subsequently submitted to get Visa to America and was unfortunately not returned in time for the program.

Bibi Baljit Kaur Khalsa, informed the organisers the weekend before that they would be unable to attend.

Sorry to take so long in answering your question.

Also Sangat Jee, a comments section has been set up on the EMCG website, please leave all your comments/ suggestions/ feedback so that the East Midlands Council of Gurdwaras (EMCG) can take these on board for the next event.