Muslim Blog Debate Bbc Asain Network

rsingh

Well whilst i was listening

Most muslim that phoned said that they felt there was no problems, no frictions between the communities, and none of this stuff was happening....untill phone call after phone call of girls came in telling their experiences with their muslim boyfriends/ex's...including how they said that Guru Nanak Dev ji was muslim and telling us about their subtle conversion tactics

What struck me was that it's very hard to prove if conversions are forced or voluntary. Main reason being we can't seem to find anyone who experienced being forced or threatened in some way if they didn't convert.

We have a lot of stories but why don't these girls speak out? There was the girl from Birmingham who went missing for a few days last year and then came back home, but even she hasn't really made her story public.

There is a big difference between convincing someone to convert (even through lies) and forcing someone to convert. Using lies is actually allowed by some groups and there (rightfully) isn't any law against questioning other's beliefs. The problem arises when we don't know enough of our own beliefs to counter their claims.

Thanks Captain C.

I only heard bits and pieces of the debate but I must say, apart from that Singhni with the Dastaar who remained steadfast in her faith, Sikh women came out of that debate pathetically.

Seriously, how dumb can these girls be?

Sikh men didn't come out of it smelling of roses either.

And that Nihal bloke needs to get a another job; he is quite possibly the worst radio presenter in living memory.

Anyway, thanks again for your thoughts Captain.

Hello Matheen, long time no speak, how are you? I hope all is well.

Yes, I too doubt the whole 'forced' argument. The women I heard on the phone-in voluntarily got involved with Muslims and voluntarily broke up with them. No question of 'force'.

Of course Muslims will push their faith, that's the idea of a proselytising faith.

Education, education, education!

firstly theres a big problem with terminology our community keeps using

FORCED conversions hardly happen in the Uk, however conversion by grooming does

secondly grooming isn't exactly a crime, simply because its very difficult to prove and there is consent involved.

so we can't rely on the police for 'evidence'

nihal picked on these points and used them against the Sikh callers