Seeq

Seva

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veer the unavoidable is the unavoidable, Sikhi is a practicle religion, we must weigh the positives along with the negatives. If you know what i'm saying?

wjkkwjkp!

so basically.. what you're saying is beadbee of satguroo saahib jee is unavoidable, and therefore is acceptable?

:gg:

i disagree, there have been countless leaflets, flyers, posters, booklets etc that have been printed that have been great in terms of parchaar and even better in terms of satkaar for guroo saahibs pavitar baanee.

just because something seems unavoidable doesnt make it acceptable, or does it?

wjkkwjkp!

Finally got hold of a copy of this magazine at sandwell nagar kirtan n thought it was vey good, this is the website, what do u guys think?

http://www.see-q.net/

very well put together have to say learnt allot within a short space of time have to say bigup as i got my copy from southall nagar kirtan feedback i get from down here whens the next 1???? can't wait well done :) ))))

Good magazine but never understood the focus on Punjabi Wolves. Can our peopler never distinguish and differentiate between religion and culture.

Last time I saw a Punjabi Wolves charity event on television they were drinking alcohol etc So why feature this community/cultural group in a Seeq magazine ? Yes they raised money for charity which is good but no Sikhi angle to them. Whatever next a feature on the Indian Workers group because they have a few Sikhs who attend the dinners etc ?

Good magazine but never understood the focus on Punjabi Wolves. Can our peopler never distinguish and differentiate between religion and culture.

Last time I saw a Punjabi Wolves charity event on television they were drinking alcohol etc So why feature this community/cultural group in a Seeq magazine ? Yes they raised money for charity which is good but no Sikhi angle to them. Whatever next a feature on the Indian Workers group because they have a few Sikhs who attend the dinners etc ?

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh,

veerji, you have raised a valid point, we do realise that some of their members do drink and yes, at the same time they have also rasied money for charity. If you believe that their views in the said article are anti-gurmat or promote drinking then we unreservedly apologise. Again, if you beleive by including their article in SeeQ we are promoting culture rather than religion, again, we unreservedly apologise. However, in our defence, we will say that we do appreciate the differences between religion and culture, but do you think our target market does?

To highlight this point, please understand that SeeQ is targeted at the youth that do not fully understand the wonderful religion of their forefathers and the sacrifices they made and the hardships they endured. It is an attempt to educate this target market about Sikhi and try to get them to dig a little deeper for themselves by igniting a spark of interest. If this means we must approach various cultural/social societies where our target market happen to be, then we think that this is not hypocricy but a targeted marketing strategy. It is pointless 'converting the converted' par se. We are not targeting educated gursikhs such as yourself, as you most likely know more about Sikhi than we do, but if you believe that we shouldnt step into the areas where our youngsters are nowadays found to be, then should we do nothing and watch them lose their identity?

Please understand its a very thin line we are walking and we do try to complete due dilligence before including any article in SeeQ. We will endeavour not to promote drinking, smoking or anything else that goes against our maryada. We are open to debate and welcome criticism, as thats how we will grow and learn.

If you have any ideas on how we can reach out to these young people without tapping into the cultural or social arenas, please let us know as we are more than happy to listen. Also, if you, or any other brother or sister out there would like to write an article for us or have any suggestions for future editions, please PM us and we will consider all.

Finally, thank you all for the positive feedback and support you have all offered and with Gods kirpa, we will be back soon with our next edition.

Bhul chuk Maaf Karnee

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh,

veerji, you have raised a valid point, we do realise that some of their members do drink and yes, at the same time they have also rasied money for charity. If you believe that their views in the said article are anti-gurmat or promote drinking then we unreservedly apologise. Again, if you believe by including their article in SeeQ we are promoting culture rather than religion, again, we unreservedly apologise. However, in our defence, we will say that we do appreciate the differences between religion and culture, but do you think our target market does?

To highlight this point, please understand that SeeQ is targeted at the youth that do not fully understand the wonderful religion of their forefathers and the sacrifices they made and the hardships they endured. It is an attempt to educate this target market about Sikhi and try to get them to dig a little deeper for themselves by igniting a spark of interest. If this means we must approach various cultural/social societies where our target market happen to be, then we think that this is not hypocricy but a targeted marketing strategy. It is pointless 'converting the converted' par se. We are not targeting educated gursikhs such as yourself, as you most likely know more about Sikhi than we do, but if you believe that we shouldnt step into the areas where our youngsters are nowadays found to be, then should we do nothing and watch them lose their identity?

Please understand its a very thin line we are walking and we do try to complete due dilligence before including any article in SeeQ. We will endeavour not to promote drinking, smoking or anything else that goes against our maryada. We are open to debate and welcome criticism, as thats how we will grow and learn.

If you have any ideas on how we can reach out to these young people without tapping into the cultural or social arenas, please let us know as we are more than happy to listen. Also, if you, or any other brother or sister out there would like to write an article for us or have any suggestions for future editions, please PM us and we will consider all.

Finally, thank you all for the positive feedback and support you have all offered and with Gods kirpa, we will be back soon with our next edition.

Bhul chuk Maaf Karnee

However, in our defence, we will say that we do appreciate the differences between religion and culture, but do you think our target market does?

Please there is no need to apologise. I understand why it was done but I honestly believe it is of little use and just tainted what was a great magazine.

We have to start somewhere in differentiating between the two and it would have been good if you had taken the lead and set an example. Yes its a good publication and I hope you can carry it on and bring out future editions. But please no more of this cross contamination between Sikhi and culture.

Having a feature on Punjabi Wolves is hardly going to help anyone and in terms of marketing only people of Sikh background with an interest in Wolves FC will take any notice. Fans of WBA, Liverpool, ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea will not really read it with any interest. Why not instead do a feature on Monty Panesar ? Nice clean example for Sikh youth to look upto and helps make the point that having a beard and kesh does not hold you back from being a pro sportsman.

Also can you provide a commitment on the forum not to carry any adverts for Mr Jadoo and Magic Voodoo King and similar baba in your magazine.

I am more than willing to write some articles for the magazine myself. Would it be OK to use a pseudonym ?

Thanks.

Please there is no need to apologise. I understand why it was done but I honestly believe it is of little use and just tainted what was a great magazine.

We have to start somewhere in differentiating between the two and it would have been good if you had taken the lead and set an example. Yes its a good publication and I hope you can carry it on and bring out future editions. But please no more of this cross contamination between Sikhi and culture.

Having a feature on Punjabi Wolves is hardly going to help anyone and in terms of marketing only people of Sikh background with an interest in Wolves FC will take any notice. Fans of WBA, Liverpool, ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea will not really read it with any interest. Why not instead do a feature on Monty Panesar ? Nice clean example for Sikh youth to look upto and helps make the point that having a beard and kesh does not hold you back from being a pro sportsman.

Also can you provide a commitment on the forum not to carry any adverts for Mr Jadoo and Magic Voodoo King and similar baba in your magazine.

I am more than willing to write some articles for the magazine myself. Would it be OK to use a pseudonym ?

Thanks.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

You have our word in front of sangat jee that no Mr Jadoo or Magic Voodoo King, know the sex of your baby, or solve all your problems with a phonecall to peer baba balle balle will be allowed any space in SeeQ. We firmly believe in Sab Sikhan ko hukam hai Guru Manyo Granth!

We have already included an article on Monty, however he declined to provide us with a personal interview. We also included an article on Fauja Singh who is a great role model.

It will be our pleasure to consider any of your articles for publication and its entirely your choice on using a pen name. You will see that some of our existing writers have decided to stay completely anonymous altogether. We look forward to reading what you come up with.

wjkkwjkp!

SeeQ

While you are in the habit of replying to people, could you please also respond to my comment regarding the use of Gurbani within the magazine?

I strongly believe that by publishing Gurbani in such a widely distributed magazine the inevitability of Beadbi is only hightened.

Please can you confirm you will refrain from using Gurbani (including Ik Oankaar symbols) and instead transliterations and also possibly have printed that "this is a religious publication and should be handled with care"?

I still think it's great parchaar and have showed it to all my monay cousins and friends who also seem to like it. So well done for that!

wjkkwjkp!

wjkkwjkp!

SeeQ

While you are in the habit of replying to people, could you please also respond to my comment regarding the use of Gurbani within the magazine?

I strongly believe that by publishing Gurbani in such a widely distributed magazine the inevitability of Beadbi is only hightened.

Please can you confirm you will refrain from using Gurbani (including Ik Oankaar symbols) and instead transliterations and also possibly have printed that "this is a religious publication and should be handled with care"?

I still think it's great parchaar and have showed it to all my monay cousins and friends who also seem to like it. So well done for that!

wjkkwjkp!

I agree with veerji. Why the need to print Gurbani and cause disrespect?