Sikh Identity & Uk Law

Matheen

Heard a rumour that there may be a change to how Sikhs are classified in the UK. Apparently this will affect the previous helmet laws and other situations where we are exempted from wearing head gear. It will also affect out right to wear kakkars.

Please tell me this isn't true?

They will say youll have the right to wear them but probably make it illegal to work for certain companies just to shun Sikhs, basically a loophole to strip your rights even more, while appearing to allow you basic rights.

Freedom of religion is bunk in america cause they can say "undue hardship" a simple statement to take your rights as a Sikh, if they want to. So its now freedumb of religion in america unless your christian.

no, i can categorically say it isnt true,

the dude above me is a bit hardcore with his reply though :rolleyes:

my cousin just walked into one of the top 4 accounting firms in the uk,

he was pagh has dareeh and wears kakkars, they didnt even question any of it at any point, bear in mind he had about 6 interviews for the job, if they allow singhs in, i dont see why smaller companies would reject them =S

dont worry, somones just probably tryna put the shitters on you, theres more and more ethnic minorities in the uk by the day, to say theyd take away any of their rights in such a way is outrageous..

They will say youll have the right to wear them but probably make it illegal to work for certain companies just to shun Sikhs, basically a loophole to strip your rights even more, while appearing to allow you basic rights.

kind of harsh. in the uk i feel we have loads of freedom in terms of expressing our sikh identity. ive never heard any1 have a prob with wearing huge kirpana in town centres, road etc. most companies know about sikhi and if they dnt u explain and they dnt touch u in fear of discriminating. in france its an issue singhs r getting stoppped all the time for wearing a dastaar kara etc. horrible. this parji who came gudwara from france asid he was arrested and locked up for wearing his kirpan out

if you were to say europe id probably agree, but in the uk, never!

like the paji above said, in places like france and other places in europe, i could see laws etc been passed to discriminate, but now the uk with the huge base of ethnic minorities, they wouldnt dare..!