Joora

Dukh Nivaran

Wen I tie my dastaar my joora always sticks out at da top. Ive seen many people dat tie their dastaar and their joora is hidden within their dastaar. I was told to tie my joora further back but still te same problem. Basically, I dont want my joora stickin out of the dastaar. Any help will be much apprieciated.

fateh veer ji :)

just to add to Singhsons comment - see if you can keep your joora a bit loose when you tie it that way you can flatten it a little bit more. Some people seperate kesh in two parts and then tie a 'knot' in front then run rest of kes along sides of the head, dunno if its appropriate but it helps!

my cusin instead of a joora he will do two braids(thats plaits for all u brithish Sikhs lol ) and he will wrap the braids around his head like a pagh under his pagh

u can just twist it if u like too

than maybe pin it in the back if it doesnt work

it shud work :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

What you are about to read may be false.

When a baby is born, even yourself, your skull isn't fully formed, this allows it to the brain to grow and helps you come out of your mother. The baby has, what is known as a fetal skull. Look at these pictures, on google images, of a fetal skull, where there is a gap between the skull on the top. Click here Everyone is born like this.

The Dasam Duar is located there. By placing your joora there, you can become more spiritual. It is easier for you to go to dasam duar to.

At the end of the day, do you wish to look good?(if that is the case) or do you wish you went to the dasam duar.

What i just said could be be BS, but God has created a made a space on the top of your skull for the joora to fit, just feel the top of your skull. But maybe you can't because you have long hair, so your skull feels flat. But i beleive that is where the joora should go.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Fe Fateh

Veer Ji, I too used to have a really big joora as Waheguru Ji has blessed me with really thick locks of kesh :) but my Dad taught me another way to do the joora.

I'm not sure how you do it, but I used to just twirl my kesh around and wrap it around itself which led to a quite untidy uncomfortable tight feeling and tall joora. Now I twirl my kesh more towards the front of my head (like Harjeet Singh Veer Ji mentioned on the Dasam Duar) and with my left hand hold the top of the twirl (on my head) and wrap kesh around the hand and then loop it through the gap (sort of like a doughnut) and pull and tighten the twirl of kesh gently through whilst holding the newly forming joora onto your head, and wrap the rest of kesh lightly around the joora you have just done and pat it down to flatten it which leads to a much flatter more comfortable joora. I then put a good thick (non rubber) elastic band around the joora and put my kanga into the base of the joora.

I'm sorry if I have not described this very well, but I don't have a video or webcam otherwise I would show you what I mean.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Fe Fateh

jsu, interested in your way of tieing the joora. Got lost when you said this though:

and with my left hand hold the top of the twirl (on my head) and wrap kesh around the hand and then loop it through the gap (sort of like a doughnut) and pull and tighten the twirl of kesh gently through whilst holding the newly forming joora onto your head,

Can you please explain that bit again? Genuinely interested as to how others tie theres. I agree its difficult describing with words :lol: