London Sangat - Help

fists_of_fury

right hope everyone is well :D

basically need some info, as some talks and events will are in the processing of being organised. we need to know which Guru Ghar are the mains ones.

The north, east, west is sorted im having some difficulties in tracking down a main Guru Khar in the south prefer a SE/SW postcode. I have managed to find Khalsa Centre (post code: SW17).

However Im aware that there are some users who are from far south london areas, hopefully you could help.

By main guru khar i mean:

> most have alot of regular sangat comapred to other guru khar in the area

> must have some youth attendance, as the talks will be aimed at the youth mostly

> should have sangat from a wide area

Hopefull you get my drift if, not plese ask.

Wjkk Wjkk

The one more local to me is

Gurdwara Baba Budha Sahib Ji, East Dulwich SE5... but to be honest sangat is low (used to be very high few years ago) and youth dont tend to attend anymore.

There is also,

Neville Road Gurdwara which is more East London

Khalsa Centre in Tooting as you already know of

I dont think there are any more (could be wrong) in the South East areas... SE and SW. I personally live in SE24

WJKK WJKF

Found some more...

Southfield Sikh Association

1 South Brook Road,

Streatham,

London

SW16

I have never ever heard of this gurdwara before...

Ramgarhia Sikh Association

www.ramgarhia-association.freeserve.co.uk

RSA@mail2world.com

Masons Hill,

Woolwich

London

SE18 6EJ

020 8854 1786

Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara

Old Mill Road,

Plumstead,

London

SE18

Nor have i heard of this 1...

Siri Guru Singh Sabha

74 Avarn Road,

London

SW17

not heard of this one either

Greenwich Sikh Association - Woolwich Sikh Temple

1 Calderwood Street,

Woolwich,

London

SE18 6QW

020 8854 4233

South London Sikh Gurdwara

142 Merton Road,

Wandsworth,

London

SW18 5SP

020 8874 3518

not this one either...

Khalsa Centre

95 Upper Tooting Road,

Upper Tooting,

London

SW17 7TW

020 8767 3196

WJKK WJKF

cheers for that

like i said the WEST, EAST AND NORTH are covered. So out of all those locations which one is the best one, as you live in the SE postcode area etc? come on ppl, im sure there are some more south londoners :D :D

singh763173, firstly dont make ur user name that long hope is not ur phone number lol. Just messing around brother, Umm to me I think the Khalsa centre could be a good venue but by the looks of it most of the Guru Khar you aint even heard of let alone you live in SE area, Im not from that area so I dont have a clue. I imagine you got that list from BOSS that's where I looked.

So I think its going to be out of Khalsa Centre or Ramgarhia Sikh Assoc SE18.

Also if you wish to distribute and help give out leaftets and are located in the NORTH or SOUTH area please give me a shout, as the seva will be required in Jan 2009 - 2.5 hours every sunday for 2 sundays = 5 hours come on ppls.

Masons Hill, Woolwich Gurdwara has alot of Sangat and so does Khalsa Centre Tooting, its gotta be out of those two for me... (i know im not making life ne easier :p )

Reason for why i dont know about the others (if they are still in use) is cos im only 18 and its always been either my local gurdwara or the big gurdware like southall or birmingham that ive been to lol, its been only been a year since ive started travelling and going to loads of different gurdware... ill see what i can find out about the others.

If you want you can send some leaflets down here to me and i can place them in my local Gurdwara and others when passing by.

WJKK WJKF

• 1 month later...
right hope everyone is well :D

basically need some info, as some talks and events will are in the processing of being organised. we need to know which Guru Ghar are the mains ones.

The north, east, west is sorted im having some difficulties in tracking down a main Guru Khar in the south prefer a SE/SW postcode. I have managed to find Khalsa Centre (post code: SW17).

However Im aware that there are some users who are from far south london areas, hopefully you could help.

By main guru khar i mean:

> most have alot of regular sangat comapred to other guru khar in the area

> must have some youth attendance, as the talks will be aimed at the youth mostly

> should have sangat from a wide area

Hopefull you get my drift if, not plese ask.

Wjkk Wjkk

www.woolwichgurdwara.co.uk