Sikh Scouts Of America (world:)

TejiKaur

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I HAVE BEEN READING THE NEWS LATELY AND IT SEEMS LIKE ITS ONE HIT FOR SIKHS AFTER ANOTHER

AND WE SIKHS SEEM TO BE REACTING POORLY AND THE ADULTS IN THE COMMUINTY SEEM TO BE WAY LAISSEZ FAIRE IN THEIR MEANS

IT SEEMS LIKE ALL THE SIKH ELDERS HAVE BEEN STARTING COMITEES WHICH HAVE ALL ENDED IN EGO

SORRY TO BE HARSH BUT I FEEL THAT IS TRUE NOT ALL BUT ALOT OF OUR SIKH ELDERS HAVE FAILED US

WE HAVE SUCH AN AMAZING FAITH BUT Y DO MOST PARENTS NOT TEACH KIDS ABOUT IT

THERE IS SO MUCH WRONG GOING ON OUTSIDE AND EVEN WITHIN OUR PANTH

THE YOUTH KNOW ITS WRONG BUT THE ADULTS SEEM TO EVEN ENCOURAGE IT

GENDER INEQUALITY, CASTISM, AMRITHARI SIKHS FOLLOWING HINDU RITUALS (EVEN MATHA TAKING TO HINDU STATUES), LACK OF REHIT AT GURUDWARA, YOUTH AND DRUGS, RACISM,FAKE BABAY LIKE KACHA SAUDA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,THE LIST IS ENDLESS

WHEN ADULTS HAVE PROTESTS N NOONE SHOWS UP OR THEIRS A FIGHT IT JUST KILLS ME

ALOT OF ADULTS ARE GOING AGAINST THE GURU GRANTH SAHIB AGAINST SIKHI AND MAKING OUR PANTH LOOK BAD

WE YOUTH NEED A VOICE AND WE NEED TO MAKE IT HEARD

**********WE ARE SIKHIS HOPE FOR THE FUTURE******THE YOUNG KHALSA

SO....................I WANTED TO DO SOMETHING TO UNITE SIKH YOUTH AROUND THE WORLD

YES IT MAY SEEM IDEALISTIC BUT WITH SATGURUS GRACE I KNOW IN MY HEART WE CAN PULL THIS OFF AND WE CAN MAKE IT GREAT

WELL SEE THE GIRL SCOUTS AND BOY SCOUTS ARE AN INTERNATIONAL ORGINIZATION UNITING SO MANY

THE WAY IT WORKS IS BY REGION AND THEN THERES A NATIONAL LEVERL AND AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL

SO I WAS THINKING WOULDNT IT BE GREAT IF WE COULD HAVE DIFFERENT GROUPS AROUND AMERICA OR EVEN THE WORLD OF SIKH YOUTH A LIL OLDER THAN SCOUT AGE IDEALLY 14-26 THOSE AGES BEING FLEXIABLE (JUST NO CHOTAY BACHE OR ADULTS WHO WILL CHANGE THE ATHMOSPHER NEGATIVELY)

FOR YOUNGER KIDS THERE CAN B LIKE A JUNIOR PROGRAM MAYBE

THESE GROUPS CAN MEET ABOUT TWICE A MONTH AT THE LOCAL GURUDWARA OR AT ONE MEMBERS HOUSE OR THEY CAN TAKE TURNS

THERE CAN B ONE GENERAL MEETING AND THEN SEPERATE MEETINGS FOR KAUR SCOUTS AND SINGH SCOUTS EACH WEEK

THESE LOCAL GROUPS WILL BE UNDER AN UMBRELLA OF THE STATE AND OF THE NATION AND FINALLY OF THE INTERNATIONAL LEVEL

WHENEVER WE NEED SIKH YOUTH TO UNITE AND COME TOGATHER WE CAN HAVE AN EASY WAY OF CONTACT

IT GIVES US SOLIDARITY

THE AIMS OF THESE GROUPS CAN BE ANYTHING SUCH AS

-TEACHING KIDS IN TEH COMMUNITY(SIKHS N NON SIKHS) ABOUT SIKHI

-ENCOURIGING EACHOTHER TO KEEP REHIT

-BEING LIKE A CLOSE FAMILY HELPING EACHOTHER

-PROTESTS, EVENTS, SEMINARS,DISCUSSIONS, SIKH HANGOUT PLACE

-SEVA SEVA SEVA COMMUNITYY OUTREACH (IT WILL MAKE SIKHS LOOK GOOD TOO)

-BASICALLY SPREADING THE GREATNESS OF SIKHI

-HELP ADVANCING ACEDEMICALLY, PHYSICALLY AND SPIRITUALLY

THE VARIOUS SMALL GROUPS MATLAB KAUR SCOUTS AND SINGH SCOUTS CAN ALSO HAVE WAYS TO ENJOY CLEAN FUN ACTIVITYS WITHIN THE GROUPS SUCH AS SPORTS TEAMS THAT CAN COMPETE WITH OTHER NEARBYE REGIONS, GATKA CLUBS, PICNICS,CAMPING TRIPS,PROJECTS, THE KAURS CAN HAVE SLEEPOVERS JUST BE CREATIVE

BASICALLY THE GOAL IS TO UNITE SIKHS AND CREATATE A POSITIVE ATMOSHPHERE FOR OUR YOUTH WHERE THEY CAN LEARN TO APPRECIATE THEIR RELIGON AND OVERCOME THE HARDSHIPS TO REALIZE THE BEAUTY OF BEING A SIKH

AT THE SAME TIME THEY WILL HAVE A POSTIVE PLACE TO GO WHICH WILL STEER THEM AWAY FROM DRUGS, DATING AND RISKY BEHAVIOR

SOOOO THAT SAID WE NEED VOLENTEERS TO GET THIS GOING

ANYONE INTERESTED TO DO THI SGREAT SEVA PLEASE EMAIL ME

TEJI KAUR

SIKH SCOUTS-GURUMARAG INTERNATIONAL YOUTH SEVA MISSION

LILSINGHNEE@YAHOO.COM

YOU CAN ALSO WRITE UR NAME AND PLACE UR FROM HERE AS A POST AND I WILL PM U HERE

BASICALLY WHAT YOUR JOB WILL BE IS GETTING TOGATHER AT 10-40 PLUS SIKH YOUTH IN YOUR AREA

U CAN HAVE PARENTS HELP WITH ORGINIZATION BUT IDEALLY LETS KEEP THE MEETINGS WITH YOUTH TALKING THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT THE YOUTH ARE COMFORTABLE SPEAKING OUT

GIVE ME YOUR NAME AND

THAN I WILL MAIL OR EMAIL YOU THE DETAILS

ON THE FORM I MAIL OR EMAIL JUST FILL OUT THE LEADERS NAME

A WAY OF CONTACT EITHER EMAIL OR NUMBER

ITS LIKE A GROUP OF SIKH CLUBS ALL UNDER ONE UNBRELLA CLUB FOR UNITY

PLEASE VOLENTEER IF U CAN G

IF I SED ANYTHING WRONG PLS FORGIVE ME

BUT I FEEL IF SIKH YOUTH CAN BREAK BARRIERS OF CASTE N STATUS AND EGO AND IF WE CAN COME TOGATHER WE CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS

KHALSA RAJ WILL B OUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR

REMEMBER IF WE TAKE THE FIRST STEP GURU JI WILL TAKE THE REST

CHARAN SHARAN GUR IK PAINDA JAIE CHAL SATGURU KOT PAINDA AGAI HOYE LAT HAI

WAHEGURU JI KA KHASLA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

VAHEGUROO JI KA KHASLA

VAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH !

im interested. u seem like uve got a good infrastructure churning up inside you to set us up. im sure we got sangat here that are whizz kids with photoshop, making websites, and certainly people who are in touch with Gurudwara committees n stuff so i cant see this being a problem. we just gotta warn groups not to get taken by Ego too. we need truly chardi kala sikhs to run this show, to be group organizers and communications between towns/cities, regions, countries and even continents. i think we gotta make it real clear that it shouldnt be viewed as higher archical but a system where everyone comes under the same general umbrella of Gurmat law. id imagine some conflicts would occur between differeing jathas and ways of sikhi life and issues such as meat eating etc may affect the smootheness of things. but if clear definitions can be made to respect Gurmat in terms of using Gurudwara facilies, peoples houses and relations with eachother, it could be a wonderful system of uniting Sikhs around the world. non profit organisation, all donations go through Highly Gurmat inclined Gurudwaras and infront of Guru Maharaj especially with formal Ardaas, decisions made between both sexes (i think it would be great to have a male and female pair or group leaders for each group). lol i dunno what im talking bout. tell us how u think we could organise this on a local scale. produce leaflets? put em up at Gurudwaras. talk to committees and see if we can do regular scheduled seva every week for groups, erm arrange meeting places, come up with a basic general agenda of discussion topics, activities, research opportunities, chances to share recent news, sakhis, rehit reviews, support for incoming sikhs and a unified approach on how to advise them. im excited about this! id like to be a part of it. it would be great to have like quaterly regional Gurudwara meet ups and we could maybe even approach local councils and ask if we can help with youth operations, community service, anti graffiti, street cleanups, helping out at old person care homes, helping with disabled people. this would make SIKHI bloom like a beautiful flower i think showing the true essence of our faith.

Vaheguroo helps us!

VAHEGUROO JI KA KHALSAAA

VAEHGUROO JI KI FATEH !!!

you r rite g that is exactly what i have in min will u be able to gather kids and start this in ur area

im working on it in mine

let me know in private

will u be able too gather a group of 10-20 kids

we need one main youth group and than we need them to break into kaurs and singhs

can u orginize this g

which area r from

please let me know in an email or pm g

I really like the idea and the whole concept behind it..... I am interested in the scout system but I believe tht I am not matured enuff to be called as a gursikh but I do wanna do some volunteer or sewa in this project .... please lemme knw thru pm if i cud be at any help.... am a college student here at rutgers.....

gurufateh ji

exellent we have people in england australia and melbourne im so glad to find so many ppl willing to spread the messege of our piaray satguru

now its time to pull this off the ground

lets see well would you feel confortable giving me email adresses

i already have a couple than i will email you a poster and a list

if you dont feel like priting than u can give me ur rel adress n i will mail it

also to njjassa g

actually soometimes we get surprised g how mature we can b when we try

i believe u can do it if u want dont put urself down g

im also only 18 years old i study at queens college

hey just wondering g r u coming to the sikhi lecture on trhe 22 at rutgers ?????????