History Degree

caveman

Most of the people who take my order at a local diner have first class history degrees!

But seriously the only career one can have in either as a lecturer, teacher or writer in the subject.

yeah thats what i am thinking, doing a teaching course after uni.

I know some people who read History and ended up working in the City (when times were good). The skills you learn e.g. researching, picking the important points from a load of literature, analysing books and documents critically to separate facts from fiction etc are all transferable to other jobs.

Just study what you are most interested in. Trust me, if you choose something you don't really find interesting and get bored, you could be at uni for longer than planned lol.

Fateh,

Veer Jee I am a POLITICAL SCIENCE/HISTORY major and after the degree I am either going to law school if I pass the exam or .......I was also thinking about doing a internship with the FBI if I dont pass the law school exam...or I was going to work for a local political party depending if I DONT get into law schooll which I hope with wahegurus kirpa I do get accepted hehe...

If you are in the United States and you are fluent in a second language meaning read and write the CIA is looking for collegestudents...you can goto their website and learn about their internship program for students....same goes for FBI.

best jobs so far with a history degree are.....

1. Historian at a Big famous library(cuz if you are a historian at a local library you wont be paid much)

2. 4 year degree can get you decent jobs which are NOT related to history as long as you have a bach. degree such as Banks,hospitals(I know someone who has a degree in american history working at a hospital managing their hospital records and he gets paid alot i mean alot and great benefits for him and the family)

3. I would recommend Sikhs to join the FBI/CIA...I dont know if we have a Sikh in CIA...but i've seen a sikh in FBI infact one of my close relative in new york is a certified lawyer who is going through training for a FBI Agent right now.

4. You can also look into ARMY/NAVY/AIR FORCE they hire historians who dont go into combat but are trained....your choice you never know when they need you for combat.

5. If you like law you can continue studying after your history degree and goto law school which I am planning on doing and which is going smooth for right now.

One advice my professor of middle eastern history gave me was.....A student with a degree in history is not tied to one path but many...so you will get great jobs with a history degree you would just have to work hard finding a good job.