Giani Zail Singh

He acquired a fairly wide knowledge of Sikh doctrine and history. He was accepted for admission to the Shahid Sikh Missionary college at Amritsar, without fullfilling the miminum entry condition of marticulation. What immpressed authorities was his flair for public speaking.

thats y.

m sayin iz luk Giani wuz attached 2 his name, but there were sum gyanis (hu ate roast chicken in the ramgharia gurdwara in leicester) hu had the name "gyani" stripped frm there name cuz of wot they did . If that can happen, y didnt they strip that off frm him as well? he didnt say 2 gandhi u dun wrong, he neva quit. so thats y m sayin surly the panth (or SGPC) shuda stripped "gyani" frm his name. Gyanis an honourary title like sir if u think about it. wen ppl didnt do nythin 4 the monarch (or did wrong) sir wuz always taken off. Same shuda applied 2 Zail cuz SGGS wuz shot, but still accompanied Indra like her little puppy.

Guest SaintSoldier

He used to be a Granthi at a local Gurdwara in his village, before his political career, hence Giani (even though he isn't deserving of this title)

i think giani zail singh signed the order cuz he didn't wanna lose his kursi as president.

some others guys like longowal got shot but giani zail dude went as an ambasador or somethin to another country where there were hardly and sikhs so he wouldn't be assasinated. i think that foo only wanted his kursi and then his life.

he didn't do nothin to save sikhs.(as far as i know)

he's a kalank on the sikh kaum in my opinion.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa

vaheguru ji ki fateh

president zail near the end off his sad life was a bitter man, he spoke against the congress party and rajiv gandhi blaming them for the situation in Punjab. a bit too late, he was a man off no morals or did he have sikhi in his heart. After the attack he went to Darbar Sahib, the singhs where still holding out there and if they had known he was there am sure they would have killed him. He got kicked out the presidency he had no respect left the congress party basically disowned him and the people off Punjab disliked him. That’s what happens when u serve the masters in Delhi and not Akal Purak. May this be a lesson for the delhiwale worshippers.

GuruFatehJi.

Let no one of us be caught in a situation where we have the ability to defend our religion, beliefs, principles and people and we do not stand up and fight in the fear of losing something. Of what use is silence and you see your brethren butchered to death, your holiest shrine attacked mercilessly and the Guru Granth Sahib insulted? Of what use is remorse when the Guru needed you and you felt so sorry for yourself?

The very people who are today talking all sorts of nonsence about Sant Jarnail Singh Bhrindranwale, are the same people who would challenge the Guru if he was living in our times. Of what use is wisdom, knowledge and power which is not used in defence of Truth but rather abused to serve dirty, power-hungry politicians? The reason why we should learn from other people's mistakes is because we do not have a long enough life to make all the mistakes ourselves.

'A wise person learns from the mistakes of others. A fool from his own.'

When we are blessed with the opportunity to lead our people, let us remember the mistakes others made in the past so that our future does not repeat them. We may be a minority in our country, but the fact is we will always be, because that is the way the Panth was made. Five Sikhs made the Panth and they led the way even for the Guru. They cared not for numbers but for Truth that was their guiding Light. Never, even for an instant, did they founder from the inevitability of pain and loss. They kept their heads high and marched forth to pave a clean path for generations to come.

Remember in Ardas, we ask Waheguru: 'Mann Neevan, Matt Uchi'. Remember that, each one of us, because time

will come when we will have to stand up and be counted, and put ourself forward in defence of the all the sacrifices made by our Gurus and his Khalsa.

• 1 month later...

strangely his name was actually jarnial singh

but he went to jail in 1937 arrested by british and changed his name to zail singh

he was a sad man, in that he had good intentions but was always indebted to indira rani for making his career

by the end he had written a book, one which is out of print but can get off amazon i think cant rermember the title in which he spoke out against gandhu family

it is widely believed he was killed by the goverment and not in a fatal car crash

and aslo was under house arrest during bluestar but he was aware of it but his life and familys life was under threat if he spoke out

anyway what power does a president have?

kalam could not stop thousands of muslims killed in gujrat what could giani do

and yes he was no giani but was good at public speaking and hence given the title