Controling Lustful Actions

Guest guywithproblemo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when u feel like doing lustful actions just remember guru gobind singh ji and i bet you u wouldent even think about lust anymorer at that time as guru ji will be in your mind then . keep your soul drained with waheguru simran in your mind whenever u can and at home try and slowly get into th habbit of playing some kirtan the you will slowly get to like a favaourite shabad and then will want to listern to some more. try listernig to raag kirtan from my point of view it really does cleanse you. then just watch how next time you think of lust youl just laugh at it

fateh

Again, I can't stress enough how important a totally balanced sleep cycle is to controlling the mind and especially lust, because lust is merely a mental manifestation of the biological reality of the male body's chemistry and reproductive capacities.

During regular dream sleep there are periods where the mind "dreams off" the psychosexual content of the oneiric mind with corresponding bodily reactions, this is natural,

now, when the sleep cycle is suddenly changed, i.e you start going to bed latter, then earlier, this "dreaming off" process starts to take place in the day time, it does this by hieghtening the conscious mind's sexual projections onto the outside world,

and so if you merely keep your waking time and falling asleep time rigourously balanced like clockwork you will realize a greater clarity and focusedness to your thoughts and a diminishment to sexual thoughts,

in the theosophical buddhist manual called the Voice of the Silence it tells monks that eventually giving into lustful thoughts is inevitable, but to ultimately become completely celibate one must fight longer and longer each time before giving in, then the next time fight longer, then longer and eventually you will be brahmachari--this is the actual method used by Mongolian and Tibetan buddhist monks.

Another thing monks do is they never look at the female form ever, they just look at the ground or elsewhere, Gurbani tells us to never look at the wife of another, the reason is if you do your kamai goes out through your eyes and you become entangled in false desires, I know that in this day and age it is hard to walk down a street without seeing women, magazines, billboards, hearing kam-laced music etc, just realize that these things lead to hell, they are false, if you just gradually keep making the effort to avoid looking at them it will become a habit, in their place we must purify our minds by constantly having darshan of religious pictures, gurmukhs and Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj, religious videos and religious music then we are immersed in satogun rather than tamogun and rajogun.

So the point is you have to keep the mind revolving around a fixed point, the cycle of simran must be continuous throughout the day, if the mind gets distracted keep bringing it back to an image of God (Guru Nanak, Guru Gobind Singh, your Gurdev, Mahapurush etc.) then you are accountable to that person and the mind's usual frenzied thinking will become ordered around that image.

By doing all of this one becomes armored against sansar, it is truely an inner jihad with many ups and downs and many moments of doubt and despair, which is why I'd have to say that without the kirpa, darshan and satsang of true Mahapurukhs it is pretty impossible to advance very far, I know people are generally adverse to Sants but nothing brings one closer to vairag and brahmgyan than talking to and asking questions of pooran brahmgyanis who are beyond sansar which is where we want to be, so good luck.

I would not agree on telling you to not talk to girls. When u talk to someone from other sex you know exactly what type of relationship you have. If you look at the person as your sister and they treat you like a brother there is no reason to break this relationship. Im sure u are able to sense when u like a girl and they seem to kind of like u too,,,,,,this leads your mind into a whole fantasy of kaam...........................Dont look at this person, if they wanna talk to u dont make the convo go any longer ,,,,you know what i mean, avoid ppl that bring out kaami feelings and keep the sangat of gusikhs, u will feel ashamed to even say sumthing kaami which is the first step to stopping these kaami feelings from escalating

bhull chuk maff

*waheguru*

I would not agree on telling you to not talk to girls. When u talk to someone from other sex you know exactly what type of relationship you have. If you look at the person as your sister and they treat you like a brother there is no reason to break this relationship. Im sure u are able to sense when u like a girl and they seem to kind of like u too,,,,,,this leads your mind into a whole fantasy of kaam...........................Dont look at this person, if they wanna talk to u dont make the convo go any longer ,,,,you know what i mean, avoid ppl that bring out kaami feelings and keep the sangat of gusikhs, u will feel ashamed to even say sumthing kaami which is the first step to stopping these kaami feelings from escalating

bhull chuk maff

*waheguru*

^^^

VAHEGUROOOJIKAKHALSAVAHEGUROOOJIKIFATHE

THE POST ABOVE TELLS U ALL.

AND DO SOME SIMRAN.

:D

Of all the people who have given advice, how many have/had problems with lust before? Of course, Every one has a few along the lines, thats "normal" (hormones and all). If you have not had to do some serious battle with kaam, your response is completely void and you should keep it to yourself.

I could dissect every single post in this thread and turn it completely up side down. It's like blind leading the blind

Guest Guest123

bhull chuk maff

*waheguru*

It all depends on how much kaam is effecting you. If it is really bad, then even if you know, it is your sister, then it doesn't matter, it can go to incest, trust me when someone is really effected by kaam, it can go there. If you talk to the opposite sex, then once you get home and your mind starts wandering, you will think about your day and what happened, then you will not be able to resist, and do some dirty things. We are not talking about with other people, but pleasuring yourself. Trust me it is disgusting, only doing naam simran can save you really.

the mentality, "oh they are my bro/sis, this is wrong" this comes after you have done some sort of sikhi related things. Just by thinking "this is wrong I shouldn't do this", makes no difference.... to the really affected person by kaam. If it is on a lower level then , i suppose talking to the opposite sex is not a problem. But when it is a major problem, you got to avoid them at all costs. How i know, cus i been there myself.