Larrivaar Saroops

Should Larrivaar Saroops be brought back?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should Larrivaar saroops be brought back?

• Yes
    • No

All puratan saroops of Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib were hand written and in Larri vaar (joint) form.

Now this represents in a broken word policy where the saroops are being printed. SGPC do the most printing according to their knowledge of Gurbani. Taksal, Nanaksar and other sampradas do not agree with some of this printing.

Laakhkarroreebandhanparey (in original form)

Laakh karroree bandh na parey (in SGPC form)

Laakh karroree bandhan parey (by Taksal and Nanaksar)

Larrivaarsaroopisconsideredtobebetterthanpaddchedasitsavedsggsfromthedistortionw

hichmighthavebeendoneifitwasnottherebutfortheeasinessofsikhsitwasdonebyscholarsot

hewisepeoplelikeuscouldnotevendopathwithooutgranthisorpeoplewhodosanthiyacoztheyw

antedthatonlypeopleshouldcometothemandtheycanmanipulatewhatevertheywant

plz read the above sentence first in one go, the read the below.

Larrivaar saroop is considered to be better than padd ched as it saved SGGS from the distortion which might have been done if it was not there. But for the easiness of sikhs it was done by scholars othewise people like us could not even do path withoout granthis or people who do santhiya coz they wanted that only people should come to them and they can manipulate whatever they want.

Its nothing wrong with padd chhed, coz Gurbani's main motive is to give us understanding of truth and truthful living, which can be obtained from reading Gurbani and then act as Gurbani says. While reading / uterring gurbani from larrivaar saroop we do padd chhed and read or do we read continously, without making any sense. Having knowledge of reading larrivaar is very good, but if we practice first on padd chhedd would be better.

Regarding the quotes:

Laakh karroree bandh na parey (in SGPC form)

Har ka naam japat nistaray

means: Acquiring hundreds of thousands and millions, your desires shall not be contained. Chanting the Name of the Lord, you shall find release.

Laakh karroree bandhan parey (by Taksal and Nanaksar)

Har ka naam japat nistaray

means: Acquiring hundreds of thousands and millions, your desires shall be contained. Chanting the Name of the Lord, you shall find release.

"Laakh karroree bandh na parey (in SGPC form)" makes sense than the "Laakh karroree bandhan parey (by Taksal and Nanaksar)"

Bhul chuk muaff

Wjkk Wjkf Ji

does anyone know where i can find a pdf copy of lareevaar Swaroop of Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj?

pm me ur email addy and ill mail Guru Ji to you

Guru Fateh

Can u plz send me too, larrivaar saroop of SGGS. I will appreciate ur help. My email id is chakdephatte@ymail.com . Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

i read a book called guroo kaun hai its in gurmukhi its a definite read if you want to know the truth about pad chedd, how it came about, the printing etc its a definite read. To read in larevaar your goin to need santhia and a lot of effort may we all be blessed to read and do parkash of larevaar sarrop of guroo ji.