Sarna Justifies For Support To Congress

sahib_bindra

Do you agree with the 5 demands for Sikhism?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do u think its a step in the right direction?

• Yes
    • No

AND THE SIKH MARRIAGE ACT PRESENTED BY SARNA IS ONE THING NO SIKH LEADER HAS EVER PRESENTED...TILL NOW WE WERE REGISTERD AS HINDUS...DURING MARRIAGES...WHAT DO U HAVE TO SAY ABT THIS?

ISNT THIS WORK FOR RELIGION....?

LOL my friend, even with the marriage act...we will still be termed as hindus. Its in the INDIAN CONSTITUTION remember.

So ultimeately it makes no difference i feel. We have to attack the problem at the roots.

The indian constitution is flawd and needs to be amended.

It should of been just a small technicall amendement with the "wording". But to this day they havnt bothered changing it.

If UK can see our individuality then so should the rest of the world including India.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MY FREND,DID I EVEN ONCE SAY BADAL IS A GOOD SIKH LEADER...NO..NEVER!......I WAS JUST NOT AMUSED WITH THE FACT TAT SOME ONE IS DOING SOMETHING FOR THE RELIGION AND UR CRITICING THAT ALSO...

I AM NOT SAYING MANN IS NOT PUSHING DEMANDS..BUT TELL ME OUT OF THESE HOW MANY HAVE BEEN APPROVED?

Well i didnt mention Sarna, if thats who u are reffering to when u say "som1 is doing something for religion". I didnt comment on him nor mention his name until this post.

If he is against Badal then he has my support.

Yes he was right to openly mention Vajpaiee and Advani's links to operation Bluestar. Thats 1 more sikh politician who states some truths.

Well i cannot say it was right for them to vote congress.

BAdal on 1 hand and congress on the other.

Voting for congress, just to Oppose Badal doesnt seem right.

It would be better not to vote at all i feel.

If they're both corrupt, then why bother voting.

It sounds like a case of casting your vote for the lesser corrupt of the 2 lol.

Democracy in a failed state wont work. It just collapses.

Im all for democracy. But reason why democracy has worked for sikhs in past is because it was within sikh raaj. Within Sikh rule real democracy can shine and work in the mannor it is meant to.

Within Congress rule democracy is a Sham.

Have u ever found it Ironic that they call India the worlds biggest democracy, yet sikhs have suffered the biggest injustices within India. Reason for this is because democracy wont work truly for sikhs in a place where they dont have full rights as equals.

Without sovereign Rule, religions dont survive. IF sikhs had established power, then democracy would work good.

brother congress has already apologised ..and is trying to make things better ..between he sikhs..it is very positive towards the demands of sikhs....even for their own benifit..but who cares..we sikhs just need our demands fulfilled!

Yes ive heard many apologiez from congress. But better than an apology would be a Real Congress Sponsored Investigation in genocide of 84 and serious compensation for victims. Start criminal proceedings against Jagdish tytler and co, for starters. WHom might i mention is a member of Congress cabinet. A simple act of good will would be to realease several thousand of sikh political prisoners. These things would be better than apologiez. They need to stop talking and start doing.

I cannot apologize for a crime my brother has comitted nor should i be expected to. Only my brother can do that, and only he can be held accountable. Same way , congress apologies are empty on behalf of the perpatrators.

Sikhs sould be wise who they vote for.

Would u not call that a major over-statment when u say things are going posotive for sikhs? IF they do the things i stated, then i would say some progress is being made.

I guess we differ on our opinion of progress.

We cannot cast votes to the same people who were burning sikhs only 24 years ago. Thats my personal stance on the issue. people are welcome to their views.

Sikhs should cast their votes wisely, or there may be a day in the distant future that sikhs will live their days on the saddles of their horses once again. And be eating leaves off trees to stay alive.