ਵੇਦਾ ਮਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਤਮੁ

Bijla Singh

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Satguru means Guru's Guru

eg Satgurai Namah

Guru Arjan Dev Ji doing namaskar of his Guru's Guru' eg Guru Ramdas Ji's Guru who is Guru Amardas Ji.

To say the highest Satguru God does not work. Then does that mean where Gurparsad in bani we do not have to adpot a Guru as God is the Satguru. If that is the case you are going into a sort of semitic ideal

Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha's works are nto even close to gospal.

Sampardai Katha states that Sikhs believe in the status of the Vedas but are independant to it. If you think i am making it up i suggest you read the introdection to the Guru Granht Sahib Katha in both the Sant Kipal Singh Ji Teeka and Sant Gurbachan SIngh Ji Teeka.

Look at the 5th Rut of the Sri Sooraj Prakash Katha. Without reading the vedas ou will not be able to do the Atam, Karam Jog, Vedant and Brahm Gian Katha of it.

Without studying first the basics you cannot understand or acknowledge the deeper meanings or terminology of gurbani.

To start trying to understand the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji without preperation is like a child trying to complete a university degree. First you have to go through the schooling.

Without the basics of the Veds how can one explain the basic concepts of the Gurus such as Shakti, Viaktee, Aayoo, Kartab and Pragya!

Sri Maan Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji's Katha is miles more in depth then any katha and it is due to learning Vedas, Vedant, etc to explain the antreev.

Satguru means Guru's Guru

eg Satgurai Namah

Guru Arjan Dev Ji doing namaskar of his Guru's Guru' eg Guru Ramdas Ji's Guru who is Guru Amardas Ji.

To say the highest Satguru God does not work. Then does that mean where Gurparsad in bani we do not have to adpot a Guru as God is the Satguru. If that is the case you are going into a sort of semitic ideal

Sampardai Katha states that Sikhs believe in the status of the Vedas but are independant to it. If you think i am making it up i suggest you read the introdection to the Guru Granht Sahib Katha in both the Sant Kipal Singh Ji Teeka and Sant Gurbachan SIngh Ji Teeka.

Look at the 5th Rut of the Sri Sooraj Prakash Katha. Without reading the vedas ou will not be able to do the Atam, Karam Jog, Vedant and Brahm Gian Katha of it.

Without studying first the basics you cannot understand or acknowledge the deeper meanings or terminology of gurbani.

To start trying to understand the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji without preperation is like a child trying to complete a university degree. First you have to go through the schooling.

Without the basics of the Veds how can one explain the basic concepts of the Gurus such as Shakti, Viaktee, Aayoo, Kartab and Pragya!

Sri Maan Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji's Katha is miles more in depth then any katha and it is due to learning Vedas, Vedant, etc to explain the antreev.

and because they were brahm giani mahapurkhs who had a lot of knowledge

Krishna! i think you are a jug too late to know ehere Krishna is. i suggest you read the Dasam Granth.

Now answer my question do we need to bow to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as from what you said we should just focus on the Shabad only. If that is the case do we need to satkar of the Guru if we can just turn to God who you refer to Satguru.

Please tell me your translation of Gurparsaad in hte Jap Ji Sahib.

You obviously have no clue

I don’t think you have read his work then. It is typical sampardaic mentality to discredit all those who have different opinion. Bhai Kahan Singh’s work deserves much credit. He was a great scholar and had studied the Hindu books well. His book Hum Hindu Nahin still is the best refutation of Hindu propaganda. Mahan Kosh is still being used. He was responsible for throwing idols out of Darbar Sahib and convincing the British to pass Anand Marriage Act of 1909. If I compare him and Singh Sabha with Taksal and sampardas you would be very upset but nonetheless, everyone contributed differently. So don’t demean him without any proof.

That is simply the opinion of sampardas and not of Gurbani. Vedas have no authority in Gurbani. Which Guru Sahib study Vedas? Sikhs do not believe in Vedas. Sampardas may promote them but it is not any principle in Gurmat. Works of Prof. Sahib Singh, Kahan Singh Nabha, Bhai Randhir Singh is not any less or inferior. I do not know if Sant Gurbachan Singh ever wrote a teeka of Guru Granth Sahib.

Look at the 5th Rut of the Sri Sooraj Prakash Katha. Without reading the vedas ou will not be able to do the Atam, Karam Jog, Vedant and Brahm Gian Katha of it. Without studying first the basics you cannot understand or acknowledge the deeper meanings or terminology of gurbani.

Baba Buddha Ji was a pooran Brahmgyani. When did he study the Vedas and from whom? Sant Attar Singh was a brahmgyani also and so were many other Sikhs. One doesn’t have to study the Vedas to understand Gurbani. Vedas were written in Sanskrit whereas Gurbani is written in Gurmukhi. Gurbani is from Dhur i.e. Sachkhand. Vedas are not eternal and shall perish but Gurbani is eternal. Therefore, Gurbani cannot have any foundation or be an advanced course of Vedas. No Bhagat studied Vedas to get muktee, understand the true God, obtain higher spirituality and divine knowledge. Vedas are false and have been rejected in Gurbani, Vaars and Dasam Granth.

False. give Gurbani Shabad to prove your point. Which Shabad in Gurbani cannot be understood without studying the Vedas?

So the Taksalis say but he studied Gurbani and followed Gurmat. He kept strict rehat and did massive naam kamayee. This is why he had so much knowledge. He did not practice Hinduism nor did he do paath from Vedas. He had full faith in Gurbani and it was power of Gurbani that made him popular. Gurmat is against Vedantic theories.

On one hand you say Gurbani has no limits and on the other hand you limit Gurbani interpretation to Taksal. Why?

Bijla Singh wrote: Baba Buddha Ji was a pooran Brahmgyani. When did he study the Vedas and from whom? Sant Attar Singh was a brahmgyani also and so were many other Sikhs. One doesn’t have to study the Vedas to understand Gurbani....

True, the 'aslee' anubhavi arth of Gurbani can only be known through kamayee. For this reason, the PhD and illiterate are equals in Guru Nanak Ji's house.

ang 197:

gauVI mhlw 5 ]

gourree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

jo pRwxI goivMdu iDAwvY ]

jo praanee govi(n)dh dhhiaavai ||

That mortal who meditates on the Lord of the Universe,

piVAw AxpiVAw prm giq pwvY ]1]

parriaa anaparriaa param gath paavai ||1||

whether educated or uneducated, obtains the state of supreme dignity. ||1||

swDU sMig ismir gopwl ]

saadhhoo sa(n)g simar gopaal ||

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, meditate on the Lord of the World.

ibnu nwvY JUTw Dnu mwlu ]1] rhwau ]

bin naavai jhoot(h)aa dhhan maal ||1|| rehaao ||

Without the Name, wealth and property are false. ||1||Pause||

On one hand you say Gurbani has no limits and on the other hand you limit Gurbani interpretation to Taksal. Why?

It's not limiting interpretation to Taksal. You'll find that the arths given by all traditional Sampardas are similar. The reason for this is that most were led at one time or another by a Pooran Bhramgyani - who has become one with Gurbani and knows the true saroop of Gurbani.

Just like we may use a dictionary to understand certain words, there are some concepts that are expanded on via Vedant - it doesn't mean that the vedas have any role in Sikhi.

Guru Ji is not a text book........like a father, they reveal themselves to us according to what we are capable of understanding. The same question asked by a child and by an adult will get a different answer. Both will be correct, but the father bears in mind the budhi of his child. (e.g. say a young kid asks his dad what 1+1 is equal to. Now imagine a maths degree student thinking about this - he'll come up with several possible solutions depending on certain factors. All answers are correct.)

Shabad Guru Surat Dhun Chela

Who was the Guru of Guru Nanak - Ik Oankaar highest satguru

if you want to say highest satguru why leave out the other 9 Sikh Guru's

You say the Vedas are MAYA LOL the Vedas invented the theory of Maya. Read more Gurbani!

You know NOTHING about Gurbani. This tukk is about GURMAT NAAM ABHIYAAS KAMAYEEE.

Meaning: The shabad that a sikh gets from his Guru, must be practiced by fixing the surti on the dhunni. This tukk is not about Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaaj Jee, but is a instruction for a sikh of Guru Nanak Dev Jee Maharaaj Jee of how to do milaap with the Gur shabad WHICH IS GUR MOORAT

Shabad Guru Surat Dhun Chela

Who was the Guru of Guru Nanak - Ik Oankaar highest satguru

if you want to say highest satguru why leave out the other 9 Sikh Guru's

You say the Vedas are MAYA LOL the Vedas invented the theory of Maya. Read more Gurbani!

If u dont stop writing this crap, U WILL BE BEATEN BY A DANDAAAAA, lol, jokes, hahahahahahahahahaha

jo pRwxI goivMdu iDAwvY ]

jo praanee govi(n)dh dhhiaavai ||

That mortal who meditates on the Lord of the Universe,

piVAw AxpiVAw prm giq pwvY ]1]

parriaa anaparriaa param gath paavai ||1||

whether educated or uneducated, obtains the state of supreme dignity. ||1||

You did not address the question. This shabad refers to getting muktee. Guru Sahib says that even an illiterate person can japp naam and obtain muktee. It has nothing to do with studying Vedas first in order to understand Gurbani. In Se Kineheya, there is a story of such a person who did not even know what he was doing but since he recited naam so much he obtained higher spiritual avastha but did not know what was happening. So the point is, higher spiritual avastha doesn’t automatically qualify anyone to become a Gurbani scholar. Study, veechar and kamayee all are important.

It's not limiting interpretation to Taksal. You'll find that the arths given by all traditional Sampardas are similar. The reason for this is that most were led at one time or another by a Pooran Bhramgyani - who has become one with Gurbani and knows the true saroop of Gurbani.

By saying that "Sant Ji had big kamayee and therefore is always correct" and "any meaning contrary to sampardaic tradition is wrong" then it is limiting Gurbani. Many modern katha vaachaks also do similar aarths but that doesn’t make them brahmgyanis. I do not think it is very smart to compare one’s avastha with another in order to determine whose interpretation is better. Bhai Veer Singh Ji had a very high jeevan but his teeka is not 100% Taksali style. Bhai Randhir Singh was a brahmgyani but his interpretation is different. One shouldn’t look at avastha. Knowledge is different than spiritual avastha and two shouldn’t be intermixed. I am certain that those who do not study viyakaran reject it without any reasonable proof. Viyakaran doesn’t limit Gurbani to just one interpretation but it prevents a person from doing manmat aarths and twisting Gurbani. Without viyakaran one can misuse Gurbani to justify anything. Multiple meanings do not justify contradicting meanings. Vaars are key to Gurbani which itself proves that Vedas have no importance in Sikhi and do not need to be studied otherwise Vedantic theories or Vedas would’ve been given the status of key to Gurbani. Gurmat is revealed not rooted in Vedas. Naam can only be obtained from Satguru and is not in Vedas.

Doing a comparison of taksal with kahn Singh nabha is reficulous even for you bilja singh, doing a comparison of even one jathedar is rediculous, try it and tell me how far you get. Making comparisons is rediculous.

Change your picture bhai sahib jeo and have one of kahn singh nabha then as he has given lots to the panth.