Marathas In Wikipedia

HSD*^

Just edit the page - it's easy!

Read it now lol!

what happened? it looks the same to me. but my point is that the marathas got their heads kicked in by the afghans/portuguese/brits and only relied on ridiculous numbers to even dare fight an enemy. and now they are trying to eclipse the khalsa raj, the sikh empire which had the greatest army in the world. man my stomach turns thinking about these lies. god damn it i'll have to write a book about the khalsa raj's history or something. grrrrr i hate what these people do, why cant they just leave us alone.

gotta agree on tht... whass up with these stupid historians....... and why cant they just appreciate the history of punjab and not be so superficial about their own pride..... <_<

Just edit the page - it's easy!

Read it now lol!

what happened? it looks the same to me. but my point is that the marathas got their heads kicked in by the afghans/portuguese/brits and only relied on ridiculous numbers to even dare fight an enemy. and now they are trying to eclipse the khalsa raj, the sikh empire which had the greatest army in the world. man my stomach turns thinking about these lies. god damn it i'll have to write a book about the khalsa raj's history or something. grrrrr i hate what these people do, why cant they just leave us alone.

The Marathas and Sikhs were never really rivals for power in Punjab and Delhi

the Marathas were in Punjab in the 1750's at a time when the Misldars were consolodating power and they actually acted in unison . they were granted the revenue of Punjab by what was left of the Mughals at this time and worked in unison with Adina Beg of Punjab . the Sikhs were with them when they took Sarhind and then Lahore and when some bands of Marathas chased Timur Shah Abdali towards Peshawar

They also had many points of valour in their history as well and until the Battle of Panipat gave the Afghans a real scare. even after this battle they returned to Delhi a few years later where they remained until the British turned up. They were actually outnumbered in the Battle of Panipat and depiste losing managed to kill quite a large number of Afghans - they were helped before the battle by Maharaja Ala Singh of Patiala

in the meantime they had a rocky relationship with the Misls of the Patiala and Malwa region

They also beat the Portuguese in western India in the 1730's

in any event their field of action was different from the Sikh warriors - The Sikh warriors were maninly focused in libverating Punjab and the adjoiing areas and fighting the great war with the fanatical Afghans - eventually making the proud Durannis bow before the might of Maharaja Ranjit Singh

err no, the maharattas coveted the punjab back then but it was defeat at the hands of the afghans that made them remain a southern power. once the afghans had made sure the maharattas were no longer a threat to their ambitions in punjab, they attacked the punjab. the rest, as they say, is history.

the Marathas were in Punjab in the 1750's at a time when the Misldars were consolodating power and they actually acted in unison . they were granted the revenue of Punjab by what was left of the Mughals at this time and worked in unison with Adina Beg of Punjab . the Sikhs were with them when they took Sarhind and then Lahore and when some bands of Marathas chased Timur Shah Abdali towards Peshawar

^^^ thats junk. lol dont even try it.

and as for the portuguese, well this is how it went: the marattas would raid goa and take some towns thanks to their large numbers. then word would get to portugal, who would send troops and kick them out. it was in the late 18th century that goa expanded heavily at the expense of the maharatta state.

and the khalsa would often march into delhi, so it was not under maratta control. and the reason we never fought is that the marattas didnt have the means to do so (look how they got beaten by a small british army at Assaye). and the sikh leaders knew that fighting a hindu power would antagonize their hindu subjects in punjab, and call their loyalty into question.

the truth does not impact on Sikh acheivement - we still defeated one of the most formindable armies in the world at that time

but we dont need to hate on others to prove anything - The Marathas expanded their empire - came to Punjab for a while and then got defeated by the Afghans - they came back some years later and then lost their empire to the British

Timur Shah Abdali lost to them in around 1757

http://www.afghanland.com/history/ahmadshah.html

They also fought with the British in three wars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo_Maratha_Wars

they also beat the British in the Battle of Wadgaon

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=113693

none of this takes away from the glory established by Maharaja ranjit Singh who not only secured Punjab from invasion and brought peace to it but also brought the fanatical Afgans into line

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranjit_Singh

these are the same people who the combined might of USA and UK today is struggling to control and yet the Maharaja managed to bring these people to heel

well i'm not saying put others down, but they shouldnt do it to us either. if they want to lie then i have the right to preach the truth. the marathas were a racist forerunner of the RSS. they had their own 'KKK'-esque organisation who raided south india as they believed the people they were attacking were dravidian 'unter-mensch'. now their descendants have us and our history in their sights. punjab was never under their control.

abdali dealt major blows to their intentions in northern india. timur was just a puppet ruler with no real military strength.

the battle of wadgaon was not much of a victory as they were a native force who overwhelmed an enemy. once the enemy received reinforcements from their native country they smacked the life out of the marathas.

the myth of the marathas (ooh, that sounds like a good title for a book!) is all too evident. its time sikhs learnt the real history: we never used their help nor had any need to. the hindu hill kings of the punjab had shown sikhs how bad hindustani rule could be, and we werent going to trade them for the maharattas. thats why we built the khalsa raj.

and like i said before not many sikhs know much about the khalsa raj or any other period of sikh sovereignty. thats why things like this can mislead them. the RSS already tried propagating the lies that guru gobind singh ji asked for maratha support, and that most of the early sikh leaders were actually hindus. and all i can say about that is what a load of bull****.