On The Toilet...

Guest Hmmm...

Guest Hmmm...

Fateh ji

This may sound abit silly BUT i been wondering 4 ages.

You know how it says in gurbani that we should Jap naam 24/7 with every breath, how about when were on the toilet? Would this not apply then?

Fateh

Fateh ji

This may sound abit silly BUT i been wondering 4 ages.

You know how it says in gurbani that we should Jap naam 24/7 with every breath, how about when were on the toilet? Would this not apply then?

Fateh

you may do it there as well .. it would be a wonderful utilization of time .. but do not take the Shabad Guru along

Guest __singh__

Well in all honesty i find doing simran or more specifically singing a shabad while sitting on teh toilet is very pleasant. no one is bugging you, you have time, and isn't that wht is usualy the problem in our busy life we dun have time to jaap naam? me personlly i use the time on the toilet to go over a shabad i may want to do next time i get a chance to do kirtan di seva, i sometime even take out a tune for teh shabad in my head.

all i have to say is .. you have the time to your self, instead of wasting it .. do wht you gotta do and JAAP NAAM!! nothing wrong with that in my opionion.

bhuil chuk maaff

- Singh

Guest Guest

There is no doubt that we should japping naam all the time....

it is HUKAM of gurbani.....what a silly question to ask. Silly answers too...we should jap naam all the time....HUKM says so.

There is no doubt that we should japping naam all the time....

it is HUKAM of gurbani.....what a silly question to ask. Silly answers too...we should jap naam all the time....HUKM says so.

Well it may seem a silly question to you but sorry some people don't have as much knowledge as people like you! I fink its a really good question actually and i disagree with your post! But thats my view the toilet is a dirty place no matter what your doing hence naam should not be japped but it should be in our minds all the time! right?

I once heard from an old chardikala sikh that we should try spend as little time as possible in the toilet as our breathes there are not counted? but maybe someone with more knowledge can add to this as i can't remember what was said!

Im sorry didn't mean to be rude to you but it was a bit harsh the way you put your post and the topic starter was quite serious!

• 4 weeks later...

A Giani Ji, who has now passed away, once told me that Naam should be japped at all times - doesn't matter whether you're getting dressed, washing yourself or on the toilet.

God is everywhere. He is even in that stool that you just passed. If He is everywhere, how can that place suddenly become impure? If God is not in your mind, then your mind is impure.

Which is worse? An impure place or an impure mind?