The Point Of Charitropakhyan And Hikayat

ekongkar

For your kind information, I'm very much pro Dasam Granth, and have done bit research on all of the Banis in it, including those that were deleted by Sodhak Committee and/or Banis in other Nihang gutkas etc.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

My post was entirely about Dr Jaggi and his claim about Bhai Mani Singh letter. I didnt intend to judge your stance on Sri Dasam Granth....Good to know about your efforts.

Dr. Rattan Singh Jaggi never used the word 'fake' for the letter as has been forced upon his arguments by the likes of Daljit Singh, Jagjit Singh, JS Mann and many Kale Afghanis.

Anyways, its fine.

Dasam Granth mainly consists of 2 parts, one more "spiritual/warrior" (Jaap Sahib and the other Banis) and the other are tales (Charitropakhyan and Hikayats).

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

Look how rubbish we are. We discuss Dasam Granth and start arguing amongst each other!

Anyway, I wouldn't mind a discussion based on the translations I posted.

Personally I think Dasmesh Pita wanted to encourage and facilitate more "duniyadhari" or knowledge of what really goes on in the world. Hence the Chitars and Hikayat.

It is also very feasible that he wanted to widen the literacy of the Quom so he made a wide range of literature available to the panth not just covering spirituality but other worldly (miri) matters.

The translations are well off in many places. To understand this bani, you really need an ustad who has knowledge of the hidden meanings and coded language.

The biggest mistake made by some people is to assume that the 'king' being talked about is Guru Sahib. There are a few good videos on gurmatveechar.com with Sant Hari Singh Ji Randhavewale explaining some of the concepts within this bani.