Nihungs Versus Taliban 2009

dalsingh101

I started this thread then it disappeared. Who do people think would win in a modern day jung between the two?

I mean with guns, rocket launchers etc.

I started this thread then it disappeared. Who do people think would win in a modern day jung between the two?

I mean with guns, rocket launchers etc.

Well nihungs are supposed to be the suicide "crocodile" battlions of Sikhism, Guruji's so called "laadlee fauj"... but havent proved much use in defending Sikhism recent especially during the troubles of the 1980s-90s when the agitations were going on they didnt rally behind the call made by Shaheed Sant Bhindranwale to work together under one banner and after operation blue star they left much of the fighting to other sects showing more loyality to the indian govt than the panth.

I would say nihungs would lose, not because of their determination to fight and die because they would happly do that. However they train in useless anicent martial arts with ancient shasters and wouldnt know how to fire an RPG between them if given one. If they want to be considered a real force they need to modernise their weapons and combat readiness, all there horsemanship and gatka displays wouldnt last 5mins against taliban types.

.. but havent proved much use in defending Sikhism recent especially during the troubles of the 1980s-90s....

Some groups of Nihangs e.g. Taruna Dal, Harianbelan did join forces and many were tortured by police as well. However, sadly, most other groups didn't.

Still think they'd beat the Taliban though. What you term ancient martial arts are actualy a complete study of warfare, from formations to strategy. All we lack are modern weapons. Besides, we've got Guru Ji on our side.

A limited number of gursikhs from Baba Bidhi Chand Dal and a few others joined the khalsa panth fighting the government. Sant Jarnail Singh Jee also said from stage that there is one samparda who hasnt yet had any part in the dharam yudh morcha - reference being made to budha dal. We all know what happened later.

I agree with supadupa - but its sad as it seems the youth dont care as was evident by how many low numbers attended the antam saskaar, hence have no right to bang on about satkaar etc after, our dastaar is in our feet untill the kalank is removed.

11 saroops of Guru Maharaj have been burnt in a fire and the Sikh Panth has the time to discuss whether Nihangs would beat the Taliban...

shame

Not at all, I think it is pertinent. Given that Nihungs have declared themselves as defenders of the panth, it is important to have an idea of just how strong they really are. Especially since Ameria plans war on Pakistan. It is not impossible that fall back will happen in Panjab, especially if Manmohan Singh supports the action.

I think nower days Niungs may lose because of lack of experience and moden shasters. PS - I think Afghans use marijuana and opium themselves.