Is Alcohol Really Bad For Us, If We Drink After A Few Months?

sikh lion

Numerous studies have suggested that moderate alcohol drinking helps to reduce the likelihood of heart disease. The so-called Mediterranean diet, which includes a larger intake of wine, has been credited with lower rates of heart disease in those countries, despite a higher intake of saturated fats.

Ah, the so-called French Paradox. See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_paradox

There is not sufficient evidence to determine that the resveratrol in wine is responsible for the lower rates of coronary disease in the Med.  Most researchers believe that it has more to do with the lack of hydrogenated and trans fats in the Mediterranean diet.

Regards,

K.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurfuteh

In my opinion. Once you get the taste of alcohol it becomes:-

1. Every two months

2. Every Month

3. Once a week

4. Once every three days

etc ... etc ...

The affects of alcohol is the problem. You dont think straight you become over confident, violent, look rudely at women /men, you dont think about the affect on your family ro your health. You need to be pure to achieve the oneness with your own infinity. Thats why Maharaj Guru Granth Sahib ji states it is a bad thing.

Look around us the binge drinking, drink and drive deaths ....dysfunctional families, double standards and hypocrisy. Espechially in the Panjabi community.

alcohol is essentially a poison. The toxin comes from the excrement of yeast which is a fungus. if you think drinking a poison every month or so is acceptible then thats your problem, but it is a poison. The only time i have ever doubted whether alcohol is bad for you is when i heard that 2 glasses of red wine a day reduce problems with the heart, however doubting that alcohol is bad was a foolish move. I soon realised that whether this was true or not, the liver suffers so severely, its pointless to argue in favour of alcohol. The liver becomes completely destroyed, and to have alcohol once a month would just be damaging it again when it has almost recovered from the first time you drank it. also in the long term it will slowly kill off your brain cells.